Weekly WordPress News: Rich Reviews Discontinued
If you’re using the Rich Reviews plugin, you’ll want to quickly find an alternative. A vulnerability in the plugin is being actively exploited, and the developer has discontinued development.
Beyond that, Beta 2 for WordPress 5.3 is out and we also reviewed a couple of great WordPress themes and plugins this week:
- Rosa 2: The Best Selling Restaurant Theme is now 100% Gutenberg
- WooCommerce Conditional Product Fees For Checkout Review
- Searchanise Review: A Huge Upgrade to WooCommerce Search
- Heyoya: Real Voice Comments for WordPress
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Rich Reviews Plugin Discontinued after Vulnerabilities Exploited in the Wild – deactivate the plugin and find a new one.
- WordPress 5.3 Beta 2 – Beta 2 is officially out.
- Rosa 2: The Best Selling Restaurant Theme Is Now 100% Gutenberg – Pixelgrade’s Rosa theme is definitely one of the premier WordPress restaurant themes.
- Brian Gardner Steps Down From StudioPress – StudioPress was acquired by WP Engine last year.
- WordPress Vulnerability Roundup: September 2019, Part 2 – iThemes’ security roundup post.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Move Payments on WooCommerce Checkout – how to move the payments section of the checkout process.
- How to Secure Your WordPress Site: The Complete Guide – a guide from Elementor.
- Top 7 Proven Tactics To Increase Mobile Conversion Rate – tips to improve your mobile conversion rates.
- Querying Nearby Locations in WordPress using Geo Coordinates – for devs.
- Tutorial: Change Number of WooCommerce Products per Page (No Code) – Barn2 did a no-code guide for you
- Things You Can Do NOW to Prepare Your WordPress Site for the Holidays – never hurts to get ahead of things.
- Your Complete Guide to WordPress User Roles – user roles explained
- WooCommerce Features in MailPoet – MailPoet has been focusing on WooCommerce functionality. Check out what they’ve been up to.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- WooCommerce Conditional Product Fees For Checkout Review – this plugin helps you charge fees based on a variety of conditions.
- Heyoya Review: Real Voice Comments for WordPress – this unique plugin helps you add voice comments to your WordPress site.
- 9 Best CRM Plugins to Interact Better with Customers – we updated our collection of the best WordPress CRM plugins.
- Searchanise Review: A Huge Upgrade to WooCommerce Search – if you have a WooCommerce store, definitely check out this complete search solution.
- Open Source and Power with Matt Mullenweg – Matt on the Rework podcast.
- Leave Me Alone App – not WordPress related, but check out this cool app if you want to bring some sanity to your email inbox and unsubscribe from newsletters.