I came across an article this morning which talks to Adii Pienaar about having raised $500k in venture capital for his latest project Receiptful. Receiptful is a service which provides better receipt emails for eCommerce sites – I spoke to Adii about this project when he was first launching and it looked intriguing and definitely something I have been meaning to try out on one of my eCommerce sites – driving traffic to typical eCommerce sites is difficult so squeezing every last drop of revenue from existing customers is a must, and that is where Receiptful comes in. If you are using a plugin like WooCommerce, it will allow you to send better transaction emails with a coupon code or other similar recommended items. According to the article since launch last year it has sent over 290k emails which is quite impressive, working out to 5k receipts per day.
He says he got the idea from a blog post about Growth Hacking “I exited WooThemes at the end of 2013. About six months later, I stumbled onto an article called Growth Hacking with Email Receipts Is a Huge Missed Opportunity. It just connected two dots for me. One being the theory that email receipts might be a marketing opportunity and nobody else has pursued this at all. And secondly, it was about the same reasons why I exited WooThemes; challenging myself, explore SAAS, and also find something that was within the ecommerce space to leverage my previous journey.”
Receiptful is free to use and offers a free WordPress plugin which works in conjunction with WooCommerce so its definitely worth trying out to see if you can increase revenue using it.
Personally this week I have been finishing off a new WPLift related website which will be launching soon – this is something I have been working on for a little while now so it’s good to be near launch time, I don’t want to go in to details yet but I’m pretty excited to make the announcement soon :)
Some good articles this week, listed below and I added a new section to the news for WordPress deals – check them out below.
Have a good weekend everyone!
WordPress News and Articles
- 3 Big Things that Will Happen to WordPress in the Near Future – An opinion piece on where WordPress is heading.
- Converting a WordPress Plugin into a SaaS (Our Journey) – Syed shares some more info about moving Optinmonster to a SAAS model.
- We’re Moving Support to Forums Instead of Tickets and Here’s Why – Foo Plugins on moving to support forums from a ticket model.
- Ventureburn speaks to entrepreneurial maestro Adii Pienaar on Receiptful’s $500k Angel round – I have been meaning to try out Receiptful, looks like a very good product.
- The REST API (and How It Could Change WordPress Forever) – Some more info about the REST API.
- The 14 Most Influential WordPress Businesses in Existence – The usual suspects.
- The Challenges of Pricing and Selling with WordPress – Pricing strategies for your WordPress product.
- Things That I Believe Every Project Needs – Tips for your software project.
Tutorials and How-Tos
- Lifter LMS Review – How to Sell Online Courses with WordPress
- How to Work Successfully with Freelancers from Upwork and Elance – Joe offers some tips for working with online freelancers from marketplaces.
- Complete Tutorial: How to Build a Membership Site on WordPress – Comprehensive tutorial on how to create a membership site.
- Why WordPress Testimonials Can Generate More Selling Power Than the Best Sales Copy – Info and plugins for adding testimonials.
- Resources For The WordPress Theme Customizer – Tom provides some links for getting to grips with the Customizer.
- Quick Tips to Boost Your WordPress Website’s Speed – Some simple tips to get a speed boost.
- A Walkthrough on Conditional Tags in WordPress: Introduction – How to use conditional tags in WordPress.
- Moving WordPress: Moving a Site Out of a Multisite Network – How to create a standalone site from a Multisite installation.
- Themes Kingdom – Lifetime access to 46+ amazing WordPress themes – only $49 instead of $329.
- Lifetime Certified Training in Adobe Software from Train Simple – only $79.
- Nimva – Ultimate Multi Purpose WordPress Theme – only $27.
- The Ultimate Freelance Starter Kit – Includes contract templates, marketing templates and so on only $29
- The Web Dev Bundle – $1,200 worth of WP Themes, HTML5 Templates & CSS3 Navigation
- 12 New Premium WordPress Themes – from 7Theme for $39 instead of $450.
Resources & Freebies
- WordPress & Politics – Political WordPress Themes & Plugins for Politicians, Elections & Campaigns 2015
- Best Free & Premium Arts & Crafts WordPress Themes 2015 – Roundup of themes for Craft makers and artists.
- Customizer Theme Resizer Plugin Offers Live Previews of Your Site on Mobile Devices – Nice addon for the Customizer lets people change viewport sizes.