As you’d expect, this past week was fairly quiet on the WordPress news front. Wordfence did some good digging on three recently compromised plugins. And you can check out the results of the WordPress survey data at the WordPress News blog for the first time ever.
Other than that, we just grabbed a few tutorials and collected some nice holiday deals for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Three Plugins Backdoored in Supply Chain Attack – the plugins are Duplicate Page and Post, No Follow All External Links, and WP No External Links.
- WordPress User Survey Data for 2015-2017 -the results of the WordPress survey are now available at WordPress News.
- Is It Better To Hire A Local WordPress Developer? – The WP Crowd discusses.
- Pixelgrade Transparency Report #6 – Pixelgrade’s end of the year transparency report. $30k+ monthly revenue ain’t bad!
- Massive Cryptomining Campaign Targeting WordPress Sites – the downside of the crypto mania.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Accept Bitcoin On WordPress: WooCommerce, Donations, EDD + More – how to accept Bitcoin payments on WordPress in a few different ways.
- How to Test Your WordPress Site for Mobile Usability Problems – don’t forget about people on mobile devices.
- How to Fix a 500 Internal Server Error on Your WordPress Site – how to fix this frustrating error.
- How to add WordPress Theme Styles to Gutenberg – helpful for the inevitable.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Astra Theme Review – Customizable, Page Builder Ready and Fast – check out our review of the popular Astra theme.
- Best Free WordPress Themes of December 2017 – check out some of the best new free themes from December 2017.
- Episode 86 – Productivity & Hiring, with the WP Buffs Frontman – a new Mastermind FM podcast.
- 33% Off At TeslaThemes – just use code XMAS33.
- 33% Off At Imagely – use the identical XMAS33 coupon code.
- 20% off at Cloudways – you can still get 20% off for 6 months at Cloudways with coupon code HAPPY2018