The biggest news this week is WooCommerce’s decision to scrap the 50% discount on premium plugin renewals…without making a public announcement about it.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WooCommerce Drops 50% Renewal Discount on Subscriptions – some people are rightfully upset at the lack of an announcement.
- WordCamp Europe 2017 – The WordPress Product People’s Perspective – Kobe and Freemius’ thoughts on WordCamp Europe 2017.
- Our Experience & Takeaways From WordCamp Europe 2017 – this time it’s Elementor’s take on WCEU.
- Gutenberg: First Impressions – Matt Cromwell’s first impressions on Gutenberg.
- Why we stop selling WordPress themes on WordPress.com – a look at why MH Themes stopped selling on WordPress.com.
- WPShout buys WPHierarchy.com – and they also fully updated it!
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Building Production-Ready CSS Grid Layouts Today – not WordPress-specific, but very helpful.
- Create a Peer-to-Peer Give Campaign with Caldera Forms – Caldera Forms is quite flexible.
- The Complete Guide to Cornerstone Content for Your Blog in 2017 – wondered what that new Yoast SEO feature is?
- WordPress Developer’s Intro To Docker, Part Three: Kubernetes – I won’t pretend to understand but I trust Codeable.
- Prevent robots crawling “add-to-cart” links on WooCommerce – how to fix this quite specific problem.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- WP Google Analytics Events Pro Review: Add Event Tracking to WordPress – this plugin helps you add Google Analytics Events tracking to WordPress.
- GeneratePress Review: A Starter Theme for Your Next WordPress Project – check out Lyn’s review of GeneratePress.
- 6 LinkedIn Plugins to Integrate WordPress With LinkedIn – some helpful plugins to integrate LinkedIn and WordPress.
- Power Your Website into the Fast Lane Using The Powered Cache Plugin – another cache plugin enters the fray.