The biggest news this week is WooCommerce’s decision to scrap the 50% discount on premium plugin renewals…without making a public announcement about it.
We also have a couple of recaps from WordCamp Europe 2017. As well as MH Themes’ thoughts on why they stopped selling on WordPress.com.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WooCommerce Drops 50% Renewal Discount on Subscriptions – some people are rightfully upset at the lack of an announcement.
- WordCamp Europe 2017 – The WordPress Product People’s Perspective – Kobe and Freemius’ thoughts on WordCamp Europe 2017.
- Our Experience & Takeaways From WordCamp Europe 2017 – this time it’s Elementor’s take on WCEU.
- Gutenberg: First Impressions – Matt Cromwell’s first impressions on Gutenberg.
- Why we stop selling WordPress themes on WordPress.com – a look at why MH Themes stopped selling on WordPress.com.
- WPShout buys WPHierarchy.com – and they also fully updated it!
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Building Production-Ready CSS Grid Layouts Today – not WordPress-specific, but very helpful.
- Create a Peer-to-Peer Give Campaign with Caldera Forms – Caldera Forms is quite flexible.
- The Complete Guide to Cornerstone Content for Your Blog in 2017 – wondered what that new Yoast SEO feature is?
- WordPress Developer’s Intro To Docker, Part Three: Kubernetes – I won’t pretend to understand but I trust Codeable.
- Prevent robots crawling “add-to-cart” links on WooCommerce – how to fix this quite specific problem.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- WP Google Analytics Events Pro Review: Add Event Tracking to WordPress – this plugin helps you add Google Analytics Events tracking to WordPress.
- GeneratePress Review: A Starter Theme for Your Next WordPress Project – check out Lyn’s review of GeneratePress.
- 6 LinkedIn Plugins to Integrate WordPress With LinkedIn – some helpful plugins to integrate LinkedIn and WordPress.
- Power Your Website into the Fast Lane Using The Powered Cache Plugin – another cache plugin enters the fray.