Weekly WordPress News: Learn How to Create a Slower WordPress Site
This week, we have a totally serious, not in any way satirical, tutorial on how you can slow down your WordPress website and create a more relaxed browsing experience for your visitors.
Beyond that, VC’s seem to have finished splashing millions of dollars into WordPress businesses for the moment, but we do have some useful tutorials, roundups, and news items for you.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Will Page Builders Remain Competitive in the Block Era? – I’d say yes, but not everyone agrees.
- Introducing Gutenberg Templates Library – seems like a neat project – 100 section templates that you can use in the block editor.
- WordPress 5.4 Release Candidate – the RC is ready. Official release is still scheduled for March 31.
- Preparing for WordPress 5.4: Changes Theme and Plugin Developers Should Know About – WP Tavern tells you what you should know about the next major release.
- The International WordPress Community and WordCamps Amid COVID-19 – worth a read if you’re involved with WordCamps.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Make Your WordPress Site Load Really Slow (100% Serious) – learn how to slow down your WordPress website with six easy-to-implement tips.
- How to create a custom thank you page per product in WooCommerce – good for WooCommerce stores.
- Multilingual WordPress Search (How To Easily Search in Any Language) – how to search in multiple languages.
- Customizing your WooCommerce Email Templates – as the title says – for store owners.
- Doing calculations in Gravity Forms – GravityWizz explains how to do so
- What Is Scope Creep? (And How to Prevent It in 3 Easy Steps) – don’t let people creep your scope!
- 6 Best WordPress Landing Page Plugins for Conversion-Hungry Pages – we share a look at the six best WordPress landing page plugins.
- 10 Best WordPress Membership Plugins Compared: Free and Paid (2020) – a dive into the wealth of WordPress membership plugins that are out there.
- WooCommerce Pricing: How Much Does it Cost to Run an Online Store? – James Kemp takes out the calculator
- BackupBuddy is turning 10 – Celebrate their birthday with a 50% discount
- Rosa 2 Lite is now available in the WordPress directory theme – check out this great restaurant theme
- MailPoet AppSumo Deal – a great deal on a quality WordPress newsletter solution. $49 for lifetime access for up to 5,000 subscribers. Only applies to new MailPoet customers, though, which is a bit of a bummer if you’re already using it.
- weDevs is announcing a Grand Giveaway hosted by HappyAddons – what are you still doing here? Get over there and collect your prize