Yesterday we released a new theme at ThemeFurnace, our first Multi-Purpose theme which you can use for a business site, eCommerce store, blog and so on. The homepage is all controlled via the Customizer, check it out here. We are just finishing off a free version of it also which we’ll be submitting to the directory next week :)
You can get 50% discount off every club membership plan until Monday 29th June. That’s 17 themes included in the price. With our discount, the club membership works out at just $1.44 per theme.
- Theme Club Membership: $49 / After Discount: $24.50
- Developer Club Membership Price: $99 / After Discount: $49.5
- LifetimeClub Membership Price: $199 / After Discount: $99.5
To get the discount, use coupon code: MEDIAPHASE
View Theme Details » View Theme Demo »
Steven Gliebe posted a good article at his new Pro Plugin Directory blog, titled “Best Backup WordPress Plugins According to 21 Pros” I participated in the post where he contacted a number of different bloggers and developers about their backup solutions. Most people seem to use VaultPress which was the clear winner with BackupBuddy coming in second place.
So it looks like the WordPress foundation is suing Jeff Yablon for using “WordPress” in his domain name -WordPressHelpers.com. This makes me a little suspicious, anyone who is involved with WordPress should know that this is not allowed – I knew it back in 2010 when I registered WPLift.com so someone who knows WordPress enough to start offering support services should surely have known this.
Looking at the site he has created a ribbon with #wplaw and seems to be trying to drum up support for his cause on the site and paid tweets, It could be that this is a marketing ploy to get his site known – he has received coverage and links from many sites about this case, it could well end up backfiring though – I expect a domain change will be coming eventually, along with lots of costs for him personally.
Have a great weekend everyone, on with the week’s news ….
Article continues after this block
WordPress News and Articles
- The WordPress Foundation Sues Jeff Yablon for Trademark Infringement – Just don’t use “WordPress” in your domain, simple. WP is fine.
- This is why you don’t put “wordpress” in a domain name – Chris Lema talks about the case.
- Best Backup WordPress Plugins According to 21 Pros – Looks like VaultPress is the overwhelming favourite.
- Advice for Those Entering the WordPress Community – Jeff Chandler has some advice for newcomers to WordPress, I wonder what prompted this post.
- Say Hello to UpThemes Hosting – UpThemes have entered the hosting space.
- How We Grew Our Blog Exactly? – Transparency Report #4 – CodeinWP reach $80k monthly revenue and some interesting stuff about their blog promotion.
- The WordPress Theme Business, Then and Now – Interesting post about the history of the theme business.
- Ten Years of Automattic – Matt’s post about the first 10 years of his company, great stuff.
- weDevs Yearly Sales Crossed $300,000 Mark – weDev, A company based in Bangladesh posted their yearly revenues.
- Why Charities Should Use WordPress as an Online Marketing Platform – WordPress and Charities are a perfect fit.
- 48 Hours Theme Challenge – Could you create a theme in 48 hours?
- From Trials to Triumphs, AppPresser’s Story – Read the story of this app which makes your WordPress site into a native app.
- An Industry of Millions, Built on One Platform – WPEngine shares lots of WordPress statistics.
Tutorials and How-Tos
- Adding Custom Routes to the WordPress REST API – One for the developers.
- A Detailed Guide To WordPress Custom Page Templates – Solid post on Smashing Magazine.
- Convert a Website From Any Other Platform to WordPress in 10 Simple Steps – Tips and plugins to move over to WordPress.
- Score Quick Style Wins with These CSS Animation Tools for WordPress – CSS Animation Tutorial.
Resources & Freebies
- Introducing “Mediaphase” our First Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme – Check out our latest theme from ThemeFurnace.
- Free McAfee Secure Plugin: Show Visitors Your Site is Secure & Display a Trustmark – Add a McAfee Trustmark to your site for free.
- Wix Website Builder Review: How Does it Stack Up? – I reviewed wix.com and looked at how their site builder works.
- Argent: A Free Portfolio Theme for WordPress – Nice looking free portfolio theme.