As far as WordPress news goes, this week was pretty quiet. WPTavern did spot some issues with using Gutenberg on iOS devices. And Ionut from CodeinWP also published another transparency report that’s worth a read.
Beyond that, Daan’s EasyThemePacks shop just launched two new premium Elementor templates for travel agencies and bakeries. And Delicious Brains published the process they use for creating WordPress plugins.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- 2 New EasyThemePacks Themes (Travel + Bakery) – EasyThemePacks offers premium templates for Elementor.
- WordPress for iOS and Gutenberg Don’t Get Along – hopefully this gets fixed.
- Affiliate Marketing Problems and Fake DMCA … The Joys of Running a Theme Business – another good transparency report from CodeinWP.
- How We Create WordPress Plugins: From Idea To Release – Delicious Brains process for working on plugins.
- Why Asking “How Many WordPress Plugins Is Too Many Plugins?” Is Like Counting Windows At Your Office – agreed!
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- WooCommerce Order Form: Increase Your Conversion Rates – learn how to use a WooCommerce order form to increase your conversions.
- WordPress Gutenberg Blocks Made Easy – for developers who want to create blocks.
- Improving Native WordPress Search – important to know if people need to search your site often.
- How to create headless apps & awesome things with Gutenberg – a cool look at how to go headless with Gutenberg.
- The Lowdown on GDPR Compliance for WordPress Users – another helpful post on WordPress GDPR compliance.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Metorik Review: Awesome WooCommerce Analytics And Reports – if you run a WooCommerce store, you should check out this review.
- (Really) Marvellous Metrics Review: Analytics Made Easy – this plugin helps you get heatmaps and other analytics without the need for a third-party service.