Weekly WordPress News: Elementor Raises $15M, Strattic Raises $6.5M
Big news in the WordPress business space – Elementor, the page builder plugin that we use here at WPLift, raised an impressive $15 million from Lightspeed Venture Partners in its first round of institutional funding.
Strattic, a static WordPress host, also raised $6.5 million. All in all, a good week for WordPress businesses.
Beyond that, there will be no more featured themes at WordPress.org…at least for now.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Elementor raises $15M for its WordPress website builder – congrats to the Elementor team.
- Elementor’s CEO Talks Fundraising: Why, And What’s Next – more on the fundraising from Yoni.
- Strattic raises $6.5M to bring static WordPress to the masses – congrats to the Strattic team as well.
- After the Acquisition: Flywheel in the New Year – an article about an older acquisition.
- Goodbye Featured Themes, For Now – it’s been removed from the WordPress.org theme directory.
- On MAGA Caps and WordCamps – what do you think?
- WooCommerce Payments offers a more unified eCommerce experience, better feature parity with Shopify – it’s now available to select merchants.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Styling Wide and Full-Width Gutenberg Blocks in WordPress – using CSS.
- A Complete Guide and List of HTTP Status Codes – learn about HTTP status codes from Kinsta.
- Using WordPress Custom Fields to Enhance a Plugin – a dev-focused tutorial.
- Recommending & Bundling WordPress Plugins and Themes: Everything Developers Need to Know – a business-focused guide from Freemius.
- A CSS Flexbox Tutorial for Beginners – What It is and How to Use It – learn about CSS Flexbox.
- How to Build Design Systems for WordPress – from WebDevStudios