This week we have a competition here on WPLift to win 1 of 5 Monstroid Theme licenses, provided by TemplateMonster. Monstroid is a huge WordPress theme with over 30 child themes for many different niches, check out the details and how to enter here.
Our Free WordPress Themes site continues to rack up the downloads since the launch of Sentio and MediaPhase on there. We are looking for more partners to release high quality, unique themes to our audience so please get in touch if you'd like to see your theme added there.
I also enjoyed Pippin's post about side projects and how important they can be for you, he has successfully turned his into a million dollar business. I personally love side projects - I have lost count of how many I have created over the years now, many have been successful and gone on to be acquired, some are still going to this day and I even have at least 3 in the works now. I love the creation process of a new web property, often times more than the day to day running of a website, the design / planning and thought process behind launching a new property is something that I think most people who wish to work online should go through.
Talking of which, WPLift Support is starting to grow now after a slow start initially we are starting to pick up new clients on a regular basis and will be looking to take on a member of staff fairly soon, so get in touch with me if you'd like to work remotely offering WordPress support for our members there.
Thanks for reading, have a great weekend and let's take a look at this week's WordPress news.
WordPress News and Articles
- Monstroid WordPress Theme Competition - Win x5 Lifetime Licenses Worth $79 Each
- The Perfect Workflow for Maximum Productivity - Jean Galea details his workflow setup.
- WP Remote Is Up for Sale - Human Made are selling their WP management app WP Remote.
- The Spectrum of Open Source Philosophy - Tom shares his thoughts on his Open Source philosophy.
- How WordPress Is Contributing To The eCommerce Industry - eCommerce and WordPress are working very well together.
- How Not to Communicate Grievances with WordPress - Offer solutions to your grievances.
- How to design a commercial WordPress theme - Brian talks to Mike McAlister about creating premium themes.
- 5 Future WordPress Plugin Market Opportunities You Can’t Afford to Miss - Plugin ideas.
- An open letter on side projects - Make time for side projects.
Tutorials and How-Tos
- A Complete Step-by-Step Guide to Backup WordPress - Guide to backing up your WordPress site.
- How to Repair Crashed WordPress Database - Fix your crashed WP database.
- How to Use the WordPress HTTP API - A complete guide to the HTTP API.
- A Guide to URL Redirection for WordPress Sites - How to handle redirects in WordPress.
- How and Why to Use Lazy Loading on Your WordPress Website - Speed up loading times with lazy loading.
- Making Better Banners for your Plugins - How to improve your directory banner.
Resources & Freebies
- Paperback Theme Review: Build a Beautiful Magazine Website with WordPress - A lovely theme created by Array Themes.
- How To: Show Off Your Social Media Counts with the Arqam Retina Responsive WordPress Plugin - A responsive plugin for showing social media counts.
- Built to Convert: A Collection of the Best WordPress Landing Page Plugins - WordPress Landing Page Plugins.
- Cream of the Crop: The 14 Best WordPress Plugins of 2015 - A collection of this year's best plugins.