Weekly WordPress News: Automattic $3 Billion Valuation
This week, Automattic raised another $300 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures, bringing its valuation up to $3 billion. Automattic will use this money to accelerate and scale their roadmap and existing products.
Google also made some changes to how they handle review rich results (the stars in Google search results) and there’s a new solution for handling WordPress admin notices.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Automattic Raises $300M in Series D Investment Round, Valuation Jumps to $3 Billion – Automattic got another big funding injection.
- 20+ Blogs About WordPress to Read in 2019: Check ‘Em Out! – we updated our collection of the best WordPress blogs.
- Making Review Rich Results more helpful – Google put some limits on how review rich snippets function.
- Theme Review Team Launches Admin Notices Solution – a solution to streamline admin notices.
- Justin Tadlock Joins WP Tavern – you might’ve seen Justin’s byline in the article above.
- WordPress Vulnerability Roundup: September 2019, Part 1 – iThemes’ security roundup.
- Let’s Make it Official… Introducing WPMU DEV Hosting! – WPMU DEV is getting into hosting for its members.
- Local Lightning Now in Public Beta with Major Performance Improvements – improvements to an already great tool.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Clean a Hacked or Malware-Infected WordPress Website – what to do if you got hacked.
- Creating, Extending, and Upgrading Custom ACF Fields That Use Select2 – a dev tutorial from WebDevStudios.
- How to Create a Shopping Cart in WordPress with BigCommerce – WPBeginner shows you how.
- A New Plugin to Display WooCommerce Product Lead Times – Barn2 have launched the first plugin that helps customers to make an informed decision by displaying lead time information on product pages.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- WordPress Dropshipping Made Easy – a Step-by-Step Dropshipping Guide for Beginners
- 8 Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins Compared (Based on Real Experience) – we updated our collection of the best page builder plugins.
- Security Ninja Review: An Easy-to-Use WordPress Security Plugin – check out this freemium WordPress security plugin.
- ThemeIsle AppSumo Deal – Get Neve Pro, Hestia Pro, and ShopIsle Pro for just $49.