WordPress 4.3 dropped this week with some nice new features, stronger password generator, Menus in the Customizer, markdown-like syntax in the post editor, Site icons so you can upload favicons and app icons, comments on pages off by default, new singular.php template and a few more things. Check out Brian's post at Post Status where he goes into detail about this release.
WPMail.me just published an interesting post about the stats and some insights about the most clicked links in their newsletter from 2015. They go into quite a bit of detail and the post could help you when thinking of titles for your future blog posts.
On with the news, as always, have a great weekend everyone!
WordPress News and Articles
- WordPress 4.3, “Billie”, released - Brian covers the release of the latest WordPress.
- wpMail.me - Stats and Insights on Most Accessed Links in 2015
- WordPress Professionals: Why You Need Business Insurance - If you are working with clients, it makes sense to take out business insurance.
- The Dangerous Nature of WordPress Comments (And What I’ve Learned) - Tom talks about the comments on his site.
- The WordPress Foundation Begins Accepting Applications for the Kim Parsell Memorial Scholarship - A scholarship in memory of Kim Parsell who passed away this year.
- Petroceltic sues WordPress over blog criticisms - WordPress.com being taken to court over an anonymous blog hosted there.
- An Interview With Leland Fiegel, Creator of WP Chat - WPChat is a WordPress forum, WPkube chats to the creator.
- Why my corporate sites don’t show “the team” - To stop recruiters poaching your staff.
Tutorials and How-Tos
- Monetise Your Mobile Traffic with the MobiAd Network and WordPress Plugin - I look at a plugin and ad network for monetizing mobile traffic.
- A Step By Step Guide to Moving Content From One WordPress Site to Another - How to move your WP site.
- 14 Tips for Making the WordPress Admin Client-Proof - Some tips to make sure your client doesn't break their site.
- 8 Ways to Get Your WordPress Plugin Featured on Blogs - A few tips for promoting your plugin.
- Ten Essentials of Brand-Enhancing Customer Support from within WordPress - Tips for providing good customer support.
- 10+ Tips to Increase Trust and Credibility of Your WordPress Blog - Sourav talks about ways to boost your credibility.
- Toolbox of the Smart WordPress Developer: WP-CLI - Command Line interface for WordPress.
Resources & Freebies
- The Ultimate Guide to WooCommerce Plugins: Over 50 Free Plugins to Enhance Your Store - Huge guide to WooCommerce plugins.
- Are You Missing Out On These Great Free WordPress Development Tools? - A guest here on WPLift discusses for tools for WordPress devs.