Weekly WordPress News: The Gutenberg Editor Release Candidate Nears
The Gutenberg Editor is getting ready for prime time! WP Tavern reported that the first release candidate is only a few days away. That release candidate will include an awesome new reusable block template feature that lets you create a template built from multiple blocks and easily reuse it as needed.
We also shared some of our favorite Gutenberg-compatible WordPress themes, which is a term that you will hear a lot more going forward.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Gutenberg 4.0 RC 1 Will Be Available in A Few Days – the Gutenberg Editor’s first release candidate will be here soon.
- Going all in: One year later – Robert makes the WP Dispensary plugin.
- Gutenberg 3.9 Introduces Reusable, Exportable Templates for Multiple Blocks – this is a really neat new feature.
- Leaving Homestead: Finding the Best All-Around Local Development Environment – for devs or others who develop locally.
- 10 Reasons to Build Your Website with WP Page Builder – thoughts on why to use WP Page Builder at Kinsta.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Import Large Databases in Local by Flywheel Sites – helpful for local WordPress development.
- Winning Credit Card Disputes for WordPress Plugins And Themes – helpful if you sell WordPress products.
- Creating a Responsive Gutenberg Price Table – pretty neat!
- How to Make Your Plugin Compatible With Gutenberg: Part 2 (Sidebar API) – this is for developers, obviously.
- Add Theme Color Palette to the Gutenberg Block Editor for WordPress – a quick one from StudioPress.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- 10 Awesome Gutenberg-Compatible WordPress Themes 2018 – check out 10 themes that work great with the upcoming Gutenberg editor.
- 6 Best WordPress App Builder Plugins: Turn WordPress Into A Mobile App – these plugins help you turn your WordPress site into a mobile app.
- Elementor Talks #6: The Success Story of ACF – an interview with Elliot Condon.
- Mark Zahra and EDD Bookings – a new episode of How I Built It.