Weekly WordPress News: Tabs Are Back at the Plugin Directory
This week, tabs made a triumphant return to the WordPress plugin directory.
There’s also an interesting plugin that runs your content through IBM’s Watson to gauge its emotional “feel”.
And if you’re using Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10 (or your readers are), you’ll be out of luck starting with WordPress 4.8. Those browsers are getting kicked from WordPress’ target browser coverage.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress Plugin Directory Restores Tabbed Interface – tabs are back! What do you think?
- CSS Grid—The Future of Web Design is Already Here – grids make the web design world go round.
- Watsonfinds WordPress Plugin Uses IBM’s Watson to Determine Most Likely Emotional Response From Readers – conceptually interesting – would you use it?
- WordPress Target Browser Coverage – I hope you’re not a WordPress user using Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10.
- Transparency Report #26 – The Future of ThemeIsle and How Often People Change Themes – another good transparency report from CodeinWP.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- WordApp Review – Create a Native Mobile App For Your WordPress Site – learn how to quickly create a native mobile app from WordPress.
- How To Use the New Elementor Coming Soon and Maintenance Modes – Elementor released a new feature for coming soon and maintenance modes.
- Microcaching WordPress in Nginx to Improve Server Requests by 2,400% – it certainly sounds impressive.
- How To (Happily) Survive Upgrading Your Website To WooCommerce 3.0 – a nice guide from Codeable.
- How to Optimize Images: A Practical Guide – GTmetrix knows a thing or two about optimization.
- How to Disable WordPress Plugins From Loading on Specific Pages and Posts – ever wished you could turn off a plugin on an individual page?
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- The WPLift Roundup of the Best Free WordPress Themes April 2017 – check out some of the best new free themes from April.
- Awesome Support Review – A Full Featured Helpdesk Plugin – want a help desk in your WordPress dashboard?
- Uni CPO Review: Using Custom Product Options to Calculate Price in WooCommerce – a nifty WooCommerce add-on.
- S5: E4: Davinder Singh Kainth – Episode 4 of Season 5 of Matt Report.