Weekly WordPress News: Surveying The WordPress Facebook Community
Like last week, there wasn’t very much WordPress news this week. We did find a neat post from Cloudways where they survived a bunch of WordPress users on Facebook on various topics.
And Greg Schoppe also posted some interesting Gutenberg benchmarks.
Other than that, we have plenty of helpful tutorials, as well as some of the best free themes from January.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- For one-time NPR and NYT digital chief, a new adventure: WordPress – an interview with the new president of Automattic (and plenty of mentions conflating WordPress.com with WordPress).
- What Facebook WordPress Community Expects From WordPress Core, Hosting, Themes, & Plugins Owners! – a nice opinion roundup from Cloudways.
- Benchmarking Gutenberg – some benchmark tests from Greg Schoppe.
- Becoming a Better WordPress Developer – One Project at a Time – a nice article from Eric Karkovack.
- New Release! WooCommerce Custom Add to Cart Button Plugin – Barn2 Media just released a new free plugin.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- WordPress Document Library Plugin: The Complete Guide – how to create a document library using WordPress.
- How to Create Your Own Online Music Stores with Dokan – using Dokan + WooCommerce.
- How To Effectively Handle Business Objections – helpful if you’re running a business with WordPress.
- Episode 1 – How to Start a Podcast with James Laws – a podcast about starting a podcast with James Laws of Ninja Forms.
- How to Change Your WordPress Domain (Keeping SEO Benefits) – how to safely change your domain name.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- The Best Free WordPress Themes January 2018 – the best free WordPress themes from January.
- Josh Koenig and Pantheon – Episode 67 of How I Built IT.
- 40+ Premium WordPress Themes & HTML Templates from NexThemes – only $39! – a WordPress deal at MightyDeals.
- Tribulant’s All-in-One Newsletter WordPress Plugin – $27! – another new WordPress deal at MightyDeals.
- 50% off at Happy Themes – get 50% off all membership plans at Happy Themes with code HAPPY50