Weekly WordPress News: State Of The Word 2017
In case you weren’t aware, WordCamp US went on this past weekend, which gives us lots of juicy WordPress stuff, including Matt’s 2017 State of the Word speech.
And there’s also plenty more news about Gutenberg to coincide with WordCamp US (some people even think it’s good now!)
Finally, we also have a bunch of developer-focused tutorials this week. Not for the faint of heart (when it comes to coding).
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- State of the Word 2017 – check out Matt’s speech from Nashville.
- Gutenberg and The Impacts It’ll Have on the WordPress Business Ecosystem – views from Tony Perez, one of the Sucuri co-founders.
- My trip to WordCamp US to interview Women in Tech – check out all of Jessalyn’s interviews.
- This Changes Everything: Gutenberg is Good Now – is it? What do you think?
- You Shouldn’t Put All Your Eggs In The WordPress Basket – An interview with CreativeMinds CEO, David Rashty
- Gutenberg Introduction At WordPress.org – not sure when this page was published, but it’s the first that I’ve seen it.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Safeguard Your Client’s Sensitive Data When Working On Their WooCommerce Store – this is an important one from Codeable.
- Valet vs VVV vs Chassis: A Comparison Guide to CLI-Based Local Dev Environments – don’t read this unless you’re a developer.
- How to add a custom user field in WordPress – using code.
- 4 Things You Can Do With Functions.php – some neat examples of what you can do with your functions.php file.
- Tips for Managing Multiple Websites for Multiple Clients – some tips if you work with clients’ websites.
- Ways to Set Yourself Up for a WordPress Disaster – don’t do these things.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- WOT Cache Review: A Comprehensive WordPress Performance Plugin – check out Colin’s review of WOT Cache, plus some real testing data.
- Elementor vs WPBakery (Visual Composer) – our next big confrontation of page builders
- 11+ Divi Extensions And Add-on Providers To Extend Divi Further – some helpful extensions for Divi.
- Gumbo Theme Review: A Podcasting Theme That Exceeds Expectations – check out our review of the Gumbo theme.