Weekly WordPress News: Special Lifetime Deal At WP Compress
This week, we have a great deal for you – we got WP Compress to extend its lifetime image optimization deal for WPLift. With this deal, you can optimize 30,000 images per year across unlimited sites for just $89 one-time. Get the deal here.
Beyond that, 93digital published a neat WordPress time machine that lets you see every single version of WordPress from start to finish. And WP Tavern also has an explanation for why your site might not have automatically updated to WordPress 4.9.6.
Finally, though it’s not specifically WordPress, the CMS market had a big development as Adobe is purchasing Magento in a billion dollar deal.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress Interactive Time Machine – a neat historical look from 93digital.
- New Elementor Add-Ons Hit the Market, and What We’re Doing With Our $7k/mo Plugin – another good transparency report from Ionut at CodeinWP.
- Why Sites Didn’t Automatically Update to WordPress 4.9.6 – in case you’re wondering!
- Adobe Buys Magento for $1.68 Billion to Target E-Commerce – ok, this isn’t technically WordPress. But it is an interesting development in the CMS market.
- Most WP sites won’t be GDPR compliant by May 25th – this isn’t very surprising.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Moving from Squarespace to WordPress: Step-by-Step Website Migration Guide – very detailed.
- How to centrally align oEmbeds (including in Gutenberg) – what the title says!
- Making your WordPress Database HEART Healthy – 5 steps to take.
- How to Sell Documents Online Using WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads – using the WooCommerce Product Table plugin.
- Charge What You’re Worth: A Guide to Increasing Freelance Rates – freelancer? Give this one a read.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Blox Page Builder Review: A Brand New WordPress Page Builder – check out our review of the new Blox Page Builder.
- Thomas Umstattd and Crowdfunding Plugins – a new episode of How I Built It.
- Introduction to HTTP/2 for WordPress – what this weird acronym means for WordPress!
- CSS Hero 3 for $15 – you can still take advantage of this deal for another week at Mighty Deals. Read our review of CSS Hero 3.