It was kind of bound to happen – but Scott Bowler went ahead and hard forked WordPress into ClassicPress because of Gutenberg.
Beyond that, there’s plenty more Gutenberg stuff, with Jeff Chandler talking about his latest experience and Mario Peshev explaining why he thinks it will benefit users.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- How CodeinWP Redesigned Their Entire Website With Elementor – a look at how CodeinWP used our favorite page builder to redesign their site.
- ClassicPress: Gutenberg Not Included (A Hard WordPress Fork) – was bound to happen – what do you think?
- My Gutenberg Experience: Part Three – by Jeff Chandler at WP Tavern
- Mario Peshev Explains the Advantages of Gutenberg for Users who Rely on Page Builders – another good one at WP Tavern.
- Should Developers Block Gutenberg From Client Sites? – well, should they?
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Blockonomics Review: A WooCommerce Payment Gateway With No Third-Party – learn how to use Blockonomics to set up a WooCommerce crypto payment gateway.
- How Pagely implemented a serverless data lake in AWS to facilitate customer support analytics – I don’t know what this means but it might help developers.
- Presentation: Making Accessible Content and Websites in WordPress – from the Cowichan Valley WordPress meetup.
- How to Deploy a WordPress Website on Cloudways – always been intrigued by Cloudways.
- 5 Best Practices for Designing High-Converting Event Registration Forms – from Event Espresso.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Start Booking Review: A Simple Way To Accept Appointment Bookings On WordPress – check out Start Booking if you’re looking for an easy way to accept appointment bookings on WordPress.
- Gravity Forms vs. WPForms vs. Caldera Forms: Which is Best? [Updated 2018] – we updated our big form plugin comparison.
- 10+ Best Free And Premium WordPress Admin Themes For A Customized Dashboard – some of the best WordPress admin theme plugins.
- Niche Pro Review: a Genesis Theme for aspiring writers – we reviewed this Genesis theme.