Weekly WordPress News: Sitewide Gutenberg, Vulnerabilities and Website Performance
Hey WordPress fans, it was a quiet week this week in terms of WordPress news, but we’ve got some posts about recently discovered plugin vulnerabilities, sitewide Gutenberg usage, and plenty of helpful tutorials and reviews.
We also found a great long read about Website Performace from Pixelgrade – take your time – it’s 88(!) pages.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- All-in-One WP Migration 7.0 Patches XSS Vulnerability – make sure to update if you’re using this plugin.
- WordPress Vulnerability Roundup: July 2019, Part 1 – iThemes documents some vulnerabilities.
- Exploring Sitewide Gutenberg Usage Today – the editor can do more than post content.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- WordPress Website Performance in This Day and Age – A really nice long read about website performance
- Cross-Browser Compatibility Testing – WebDevStudios helps you with testing.
- How To Create Attractive News & Magazine WordPress Website – a guide for news sites.
- How to Get the Perfect Link to Ask for Google Reviews – a guide for Google reviews.
- How to Add a WordPress Localisation Plugin to Your Site – your website in multiple languages
- How to manage your WordPress users – some tips for managing WordPress users.
- How Yoast Can Become an Attack Vector for Hackers, and How to Stop It – an interesting topic.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- HomePress Review: A Great WordPress Theme for Real Estate Websites – check out our review of this theme.
- Want The Best WordPress Map Plugin? 7 Options Compared – the best WordPress map plugins.
- Top Shipping Plugins to Power Up your Customer’s WooCommerce Shipping Experience – some helpful WooCommerce shipping plugins.