There’s also a big new player using WordPress – the Obama Foundation. And WordPress released some info about customization.
Other than that, it’s been a fairly quiet week in the WordPress world.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- ThemeForest Or CodeCanyon: Should WordPress Devs Sell Plugins Or Themes? – if you sold every theme and plugin ever on Envato you’d have made about $340 million before commission!
- Customization in 2017 – WordPress released some info about customization plans for 2017.
- Obama Foundation Launches New Website Powered by WordPress – it’s fun to see WordPress being used in important ways.
- How much does an Easy Digital Downloads store cost? – how much does an EDD store actually cost?
- Hooks, Line, and Sinker: WordPress’ New WP_Hook Class – if you’re a dev, you should give this a read.
- Every Website Will Break (Eventually) – so what should you do about it?
- Should I use the Genesis Framework by StudioPress? – give Chris’ post a read if you’re considering Genesis.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- An Introduction to Unit Testing (for WordPress) – a nice guide to WordPress unit testing.
- How to Reduce TTFB to Improve WordPress Page Load Times – TTFB stand for Time to First Byte.
- How to Host Your WordPress Site on Multiple AWS Server Instances – a very specific guide.
- Writing a WP REST API endpoint in 2 minutes – the REST API doesn’t have to be scary.
- How to Make A WordPress Website – 2017 – 5 Complete Pages Designed in 45 Min! – it’s a YouTube video from Elementor, not an article.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- 15 Essential Steps to Boost WordPress Email Subscriptions – a big list of tips to grow your email list.
- The Best WordPress Booking and Appointment Plugins – Colin’s list of the best bookings/appointment plugins.
- The Best WordPress Podcasts to Improve Your WordPress Knowledge – boost your WordPress knowledge in the shower with these podcasts.
- Episode 20: Nathan Ellering and CoSchedule – another interesting episode of How I Built It.