Ahmad has spent all week educating us on WordPress security best practices. Make sure you catch up with all his latest posts. And stay tuned, because the Security September Series isn't over yet!
On that note, Sucuri just released their quarterly Hacked Website Report. WordPress is once again the most-hacked CMS, which isn't exactly surprising given its popularity.
If you're interested in some behind-the-scenes information from Torque, you can check out Marie Dodson's ask-me-anything at managewp.org.
And finally, Kinsta is giving away a $1,500 scholarship to WordCamp US. If you want to attend the event in Philadelphia but can't afford the plane ticket, check it out.
Let's get to all of the news...
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Hacked Website Report – 2016/Q2 - Sucuri just released their hacked website report for Q2 2016. Once again, WordPress leads!
- GoDaddy Launches New Onboarding Experience for WordPress Customers - GoDaddy continues their push into WordPress with a new onboarding process.
- I'm Marie Dodson, Editor at Torque Magazine, AMA! - a nice "ask me anything" session with Marie Dodson of Torque
- Why do people want WordPress Page Builders? - Chris Lema's thoughts on page builders.
- How WordPress Freelancers Are Leaving Money on the Table - if you're a freelancer, you might want to check this out.
- ManageWP Automated Security Check Is Live! - ManageWP just launched a new automated security check feature.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Boost WordPress Performance today : 7 effective ways - some quick tips for improving WordPress' performance.
- Securing WordPress Websites Against Brute Force Attacks - how to protect your WordPress site from brute force attacks.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Podcasting With WordPress - podcasts are the way of the future!
- How to Move a Single WordPress Site into a Multisite Network - a helpful guide if you ever need to do this.
- How to Create a Mobile-Ready Responsive WordPress Menu - mobile traffic keeps growing - make sure your menu is mobile-ready.
- Create audio playlists in WordPress with AudioIgniter - Matt shows you how to use AudioIgniter to create playlists.
- How to Secure and Optimize WordPress Database - learn how to keep your database secure and performing well.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- 5 Best WordPress Security Plugins and Solutions - Ahmad's suggestions for the best WordPress security plugins.
- Kinsta WCUS 2016 Scholarship Giveaway - Kinsta is giving away a $1,500 scholarship to WordCamp US
- Snowbird: A Free WordPress Theme for Bloggers and Storytellers - a pretty, new free theme.
- 31 Best Social Media Plugins for WordPress (Part 1) - I'm not sure you need 31 plugins, but it's a pretty exhaustive list.
- WordPress Admin Area Security Best Practices - make sure your admin area is secure.