Today we are looking at a Real Estate WordPress theme created by Chris from Contempo Inc, named WP Pro Real Estate 7 it is a large multi-featured theme with is designed to be a one stop shop for creating Real Estate websites. It comes loaded with 5 pre-built demos you can use as a starting point for your site, an advanced mapping and search facility, co-listing, support, a booking system and lots more features required for this type of website.
The theme can be used for different types of sites such as a vacation rentals site like AirBNB, single real estate listings, apartment or holiday rentals.
- Manage all aspects of your site using a live previewer so you can see exactly how that logo, font, layout or colors will look before you publish.
- Front End Listing Submission & Management System, allow users to favorite, submit, manage and edit their listings directly from the frontend — with payment support.
- 1-Click Demo Import
- Import listings in bulk with WP All Import and the official Add On for WP Pro Real Estate 7
- Co-listing Support, apply one or more agents to any listings, displays headshot, contact and social profile information.
- Full Booking System, built in booking calendar system perfect for vacation rentals and more.
- Revolution Slider
- Visual Composer
- File Attachments, easily upload files to listings like floor plans, contracts, presentations for your users to download and view on the frontend.
- Custom built Google Maps integration, with marker clusters, awesome infobox and pins.
- Advanced Search, powerful tailor made search utility, with drag/drop panel to easily enable, disable and reorder fields.
- Theme Options, plethora of options neatly organized into sections that allow you to build your site without any coding knowledge.
- dsIDXpress Support, built-in support for the most popular IDX plugin right out of the box, with homepage advanced search.
- Residential, Commercial & Land, WP Pro Real Estate 7 supports both residential, commercial and land listings.
- Favorite Listings, a user can add a listing to their favorites for viewing or sharing later via the My Listings page from their account dropdown.
- Translation & RTL, translate WP Pro Real Estate 7 into any language, its also RTL and WPML compatible.
- Sub Listings, this block is awesome for showing child listings like apartment buildings or housing communities.
- 10+ custom widgets that can be used in the sidebars, footer and page builder.
- WPML Compatible
- 8 Widget Ready Sidebars
- Widget Ready Footer
- 6 Custom Page Templates
- 14 Custom Widgets
Once you upload and activate the theme, there are a number of required plugins you must also install to achieve the full functionality for the theme:
- CT Mortgage Calculator
- Contempo Real Estate Custom Posts
- Booking Calendar
- Co-Authors Plus
- Envato Toolkit
- Slider Revolution
- Visual Composer
- WP Favourite Posts
Once that’s done, the easiest way to get your site up and running is to use the Demo Importer tool, located in the new “Real Estate Options” > “Demo Importer” menu, you can choose from 3 different demos to import – Landing Page, Multi Listing and Vacation Rentals.
The theme will then start installing the demo content and settings for your chosen theme demo, a progress bar will show while it completes. It should be noted that this process could hang on some shared hosts – it is recommend that you have 256MB of available memory and the max execution time should be set fairly high to allow it to complete – these are things to discuss with your hosting company.
Once that has completed you can visit the front-end of your site and you will see everything is setup the same as the demo, complete with images, text, booking forms and so on.
Customizing The Theme
To begin tweaking the theme to your needs, you have two options – you can use the theme options panel which is located in the admin menu
Or my preferred way to do things is to use the WordPress customizer which has the same options but you can see the result of any changes live in the preview panel.
From here you can choose different header styles, upload your own logo, choose to make the header sticky, enter your social media links and a phone number.
To change the layout of your homepage, there is a layout manager where you can drag and drop the elements into the order you’d like them to appear. You can then click the section name to further customize that section.
There is a “Create a Skin” section which allows you to customize the over all look of your site by changing the font options, colors for different sections, footer colors, background images and so on.
The “Listings” tab is where you can choose the layout settings for the property listings – you can choose a layout style, amount per page, currency and measurement settings to tailor it to your local requirements.
The “Walkscore” is an interesting feature in that it allows you to enter an API key from their website,”Walk Score is the only international measure of walkability and the leading provider of neighborhood maps to the real estate industry. More than 30,000 websites use the Walk Score Neighborhood Map and we serve over 20 million scores each day.”
If you wish to allow people to add their own listings to the site, the “Front End Submissions” area is where you can enable this. It allows you accept public submissions and charge for them via PayPal. From here you can define pages to be used on your site for User Profile Page, Listing Submit Page, Listing Edit and Listing View Page ( you enter the page IDs ).
“Contact” lets you setup a detailed contact page with an email form and the option to add a Google map
Listings are handled by their own custom post type located under the “Listings” menu item
You can add a property and enter it’s name and description along with a featured image.
Down the right hand side of the page are boxes where you can fill out the property info as follows:
- Property Type
- Zip Code
- Additional Features
You can add as many images as you like to be used in the slider for that property
Under the images section is a space for the listing info where you can enter price, size and so on.
If the property is a rental you can also enter that info here with guests, your calendar shortcode, check in times and pricing.
Finally you have a files section so you could upload a PDF about the property and also a related video if needed.
Pricing and Documentation
WP Pro Real Estate 7 is sold on ThemeForest and costs $59 which you can use on one site and includes 6 months support and updates. To upgrade to 12 months support and updates it costs an extra $17.70 so brings it to $76.70 for the year.
Full documentation is included with your theme download which also includes video walk throughs on the different aspects of it. The docs are also accessible inside WordPress itself, located in the theme options panel.
Support is provided by a ticketing system hosted on Ticksy.
This is a large and full-featured theme which offers you a lot of options for running different types of real estate related websites. It has been designed to work with some powerful and popular plugins such as the booking plugin to wont lock you in to using it if you decide to change the theme at a later date – I prefer this rather than packing in a propriety system. The theme itself looks great and all the elements including those from third-parties have been styled well and it also gives you the tools to change the look of the theme so you can get it looking just how you want it.
The documentation is very thorough so you should have no problem setting it up and the one-click demo import is the best way of handling more complex themes like this to give you a solid starting point for setting up your own theme – just watch the recommended hosting settings as I found it takes a while to import the more complex multi-listing demo which some shared hosts might not be able to process.
I recommend you take a look at WP Pro Real Estate 7 if you are looking for a complete system for running your Real Estate website, it’s packed full of features for just about everything you will need.