There wasn’t much WordPress core news this week – perhaps everyone was too busy with Valentine’s plans.
We do have some good articles on offering support for WordPress products, developers doing interesting things with Gutenberg, and how some of the most popular page builders stack up when it comes to performance.
We also have detailed guides to two connected topics – permalinks and 301 redirects, as well as a bunch of other cool stuff.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- 12 WordPress Product Owners Share Their Thoughts On Offering Better Support – if you have your own WordPress product, give this one a read.
- Talking to Your Clients About the WordPress Gutenberg Editor – are you a web developer with clients? Then give this one a read.
- Introducing The Call To Action Widget, Create Beautiful Boxes That Drive Engagement – Elementor Pro adds another cool new feature.
- An In-depth Performance Comparison Of 5 Popular WordPress Page Builders – more performance-focused than feature-focused.
- Introducing #PlayingwithBlocks: Give’s Gutenberg Story – this ongoing series looks pretty interesting.
- Gravity Forms Gutenberg Add-On v1.0 Beta 1 Released – Gravity Forms is also jumping into Gutenberg.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Add 301 Redirects To WordPress Via Plugin Or .htaccess File – 301 redirects are essential if you ever change your site’s links.
- What Are WordPress Permalinks? Why They Matter + How To Set Them – a beginner’s guide to WordPress permalinks.
- How To Create A Multilingual WordPress Gallery With Weglot And Modula – a look at how Weglot can help you translate a gallery.
- How to Manage WooCommerce Product image Sizes in 3.3+ – for WooCommerce users.
- WordPress Content Scraping (Fight Back or Ignore?) – what to do with people scraping your content.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Blockchain Technology: How will it impact WordPress – Sufyan did an article on the blockchain technology and what it will mean for WordPress
- Best WordPress Themes To Pair With Page Builders Like Elementor, Beaver Builder, + More – using a page builder? Try pairing it with these themes.
- 8 Free Logo Makers To Create A Logo For Your Website – need a logo? Try one of these free logo makers.
- Crane Theme – Highly Customizable Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme – check out our review of the Crane theme.
- What does it feel like to sell your decade-old business? Cory Miller explains. – a Matt Report episode about Cory Miller’s decision to sell iThemes to Liquidweb.
- Blair Williams and MemberPress – a new episode of How I Built It.
- “WordPress Security Solutions Are Still Inaccessible” – Interviewing French “Mister Security”, Julio Potier – an interview with Julio from SecuPress.