Hey, WordPress friends!
Have you already taken WordPress 5.9 for a spin? This week, we learned about the general scope of the planned features to land in WordPress 6.0. According to this proposal, there will be two major releases this year – 6.0 in late May and 6.1 in mid-October.
Meanwhile, the Gutenberg development team introduced a number of user-centric features including global styles variations.
Beyond that, the popular Essential Addons for Elementor WordPress plugin recently patched multiple vulnerabilities. Make sure to update to the patched version if you haven’t already.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Looking Ahead to WordPress 6.0: The Early Roadmap – what to expect from 6.0.
- Convesio Raises $5M Funding To Further Develop Its Scalable WordPress Hosting Platform – this will accelerate the development of its container-based solution.
- Gutenberg 12.5 Introduces Global Styles Variations, Preserves Adjacent Button Styling, and Adds Alpha Transparency to Color Pickers – WP Tavern talks about the new features.
- WordPress Ramps Up Social Learning Events on Full Site Editing, Project Aims for 500 Block Themes in 2022 – to help site builders use tools better.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – the regular iThemes vulnerability roundup.
- Jetpack 10.6 – Behind-the-scenes improvements for your site – including more customization options.
- Uberflip Joins the WordPress VIP Technology Partnership Program – providing WordPress VIP customers with enterprise solutions.
- Announcing Wordfence Care and Wordfence Response – two new products from the WordFence team.
- Learning Mode: A Free WordPress Course Theme – check out this new block-based course theme.
- Buy Paid Plugins Directly on WordPress.com – easier to discover and install new WordPress plugins.
- Essential Addons for Elementor Patches Critical Security Vulnerability – update to the latest version if you haven’t yet.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Downgrade a WordPress Website to a Previous Version – a detailed guide from Jetpack.
- How to Update PHP Version of a WordPress Site (The Easy Way) – why you should update and how.
- Everything You Need to Know About Openverse and the WordPress Photo Directory – as the title says.
- Setting up advanced notifications for WooCommerce: Complete Guide (2022) – a guide from Barn2 Plugins.
- The Complete Guide to Fix WordPress Not Sending Password Reset Issue – as the title says.
- 20 Best Premium WordPress Themes in 2022 – the best premium WordPress themes in the market.
- 10 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins in 2022 – including paid and free options.
- Diviflash AppSumo Deal – $99 lifetime deal on this all-in-one Divi plugin.
- A life of learning, products, and WordPress – the latest from Matt Report.