The first thing I want to share with you: next week we’re going live with the new design of WPlift! I can’t wait to show it to you. A fresh design with some long-awaited functions in there…
Now back to the regular news.
Additionally, Brian has a good article on free speech and the web. And Colin has some tips on what to think about when changing WordPress themes.
Finally, if you’re a fan of Themify, they’re running a huge 50% off sale right now. Don’t miss out if you’ve been eyeing some of their products!
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Changing WordPress Themes: 7 Important Questions to Consider – 7 things to consider if you’re switching WordPress themes.
- Selling to Developers: Ten Lessons Learned – an article from Povilas at Indie Hackers that’s relevant to WordPress.
- Free speech, privacy, and the web – a timely article from Brian at Post Status.
- WP Is Not WP – not technically an article…but an interesting new website. What do you think?
- Don’t Take Security Advice from SEO Experts or Psychics – a nice article from Troy Hunt that made the rounds on Twitter.
- Five Ways I’d Like To Be Proven Wrong About Gutenberg – Gutenberg is still in the news!
- What’s new in Gutenberg? (11th August) – speaking of Gutenberg, it’s changed quite a bit since our review.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- A Deep Dive Into WordPress User Roles and Capabilities – ever wondered what those different user roles are?
- Using VueJS and ES6 In the WordPress Admin – a developer-focused tutorial from Josh.
- 10 Tips: Increase Your WooCommerce Conversion Rate with Product Tables – some tips to use product tables to help increase your store’s conversion rate.
- How to build a product launch page with Elementor for free – a big tutorial for using Elementor, one of our favorite page builders.
- Display Members in BuddyPress by Roles – a very specific tutorial.
RESOURCES, DEALS & FREEBIES
- WooCommerce Product Table Review: Create Filterable Tables from Products – a helpful plugin to create tables from WooCommerce products.
- 5 Helpful Blog Name Generators to Pick a Domain Name – use these blog name generators to help you pick a domain name.
- Themify 50% Off Sale – Themify is running a huge 50% off sale right now. Use code Lucky7.