In the biggest news this week, the new WordPress plugin directory design went live. In addition to new aesthetics, it also boasts a much-improved search algorithm.
Elementor also dropped another great new feature – it now includes a built-in blank template for easy landing page building.
And if you’ve been itching to use the new Jetpack feature that lets you import posts directly from Google Docs, we have a tutorial that shows you the whole process.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress Relaunches Plugin Directory with New Design and Improved Search Algorithm – the new search is a massive improvement.
- Introducing Canvas: Native Blank Page Template – Elementor releases a helpful new feature.
- Six Figure Freelancing — My Session From WordCamp San Diego 2017 – a written adaptation of Nathan Ello’s WordCamp talk.
- ‘Secure’ in Chrome Browser Does Not Mean ‘Safe’ – some security knowledge from WordFence.
- Chat with Matt about the future of theme repo – some insights into the future of the theme directory.
- UK Home Secretary Amber Rudd Links WordPress.com to the Spread of Terrorism – Not sure about this one.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Tutorial: How to Import Google Docs Into WordPress Using Jetpack – here’s how to use that cool new import from Google Docs feature.
- Sliced Invoices Review – A Powerful Free WordPress Invoice Plugin – learn how you can use WordPress to invoice clients.
- An Introduction to WordPress Shortcodes for Developers – shortcodes from a devs perspective.
- Making Your First WordPress Widget – a quick guide to creating your first WordPress widget.
- Introduction to automated WordPress deployments – detailed article from Carl Alexander.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- Nestify Review – Managed WordPress Hosting At A Super Low Price – Nestify offers managed hosting at a surprisingly low price.
- The WPLift Roundup of the Best Free WordPress Themes March 2017 – check out some of the best free themes from March.
- Episode 29: Jonathan Kay & WP Stagecoach – Episode 29 of How I Built It