Hey, WordPress friends.
A new look for WPLift has been on our wish list for quite sometime. We started working on it since September last year. It took a bit longer than expected, but we finally made it. The website is now fast as lightning, better on mobile devices, and with a much more lighter design. We hope you like it as much as we do!
Special thanks to:
We’re still fixing a couple of tiny bugs here and there on the live site. But those should be fixed very soon.
Now over to the news:
This week, WordPress 5.7 is getting its final touches and is almost ready to launch. Kinsta also has a detailed post that takes you through all of the new features in WordPress 5.7.
Beyond that, there’s some more drama about advertising in WordPress and lots of other interesting articles, tutorials, and resources.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 5.7 Release Candidate 2 – WordPress 5.7 is almost ready for primetime.
- What’s New in WordPress 5.7 (Lazy-Loading, HTTPS, UI Updates, New APIs, and Much More) – Kinsta takes you through everything that’s new.
- Gutenberg 10.1 Enhances Reusable Blocks, Updates Social Icons Spacing Options, and Normalizes Image Block Toolbar – new features in Gutenberg 10.1.
- Introducing the Elementor Integration for WP Offload Media – a useful option for Elementor users.
- Elementor Raises Eyebrows with Google Ads Targeting Full-Site Editing – is full-site editing a generic term of specific to the block editor?
- Should WordPress have a GraphQL API in core? – what do you think?
- WordPress Vulnerability Roundup: March 2021, Part 1 – recent vulnerabilities.
- Can Plugin Developers Succeed on the AppSumo Marketplace? – we’ve seen a lot of WordPress deals pop up on AppSumo.
- Trademark Usage in the WordPress Plugin Repository – Mark shares his thoughts on trademark issues at wp.org.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Translate Your Spanish Website to English (In 5 Steps) – using TranslatePress.
- How to Hide or Show Content by User Meta – as the title says.
- How to Easily Convert Forms to PDF with Forminator and E2Pdf (For Free!) – how to go form-2-PDF.
- How to Score 100% On Your WordPress Site Health Check (3 Tips) – master your site health score.
- How to Use a Pop-up Translator to Optimize your Multilingual Website – as the title says.
- How to Understand SEO Research for WordPress Products – how you can use SEO research for your product blog.
- Donation for WooCommerce Review: Accept Donations on WooCommerce – this plugin lets you accept donations using WooCommerce.
- Church WordPress Themes: We’ve Selected The 35 Best to Get You Started! – some of the most useful themes for church websites.
- Brindle Booking $9 Lifetime AppSumo Deal – speaking of AppSumo, here’s a great deal on Brindle Booking.
- QuickPop $7 Lifetime AppSumo Deal – and another good deal for a plugin from the same developer.
- Custom WordPress Websites: Everything You Need to Consider Before Creating One – all you need to consider when building a custom WordPress site.
- WordPress Performance Tuning: Best Tips for 2021 – discover the best WordPress performance tuning tips.