It's time for a new free theme release! Today I added a new theme to our Free themes section here on WPLift, Louis is a tidy multi-purpose theme which can be used for a business website or personal blog. This one is exclusive to WPLift readers, I have added to the WordPress directory but until it's approved you can download it here.
Louis uses a large Hero header area which can be configured from the Customizer and has a grid style layout for blog posts, its also compatible with WooCommerce so you can use it to sell your products online.
As with all our themes, this is released under a GPL License so you are able to use it in anyway you see fit – feel free to use this for personal or commercial uses, share it, offer it for download, modify it – what ever you like!
Use these links to view the theme demo and instantly download Louis.
About The Theme
Louis is a nice modern looking WordPress theme which is suitable for business sites, personal blogs and you can also use it with the Free WooCommerce plugin to create your own eCommerce site. It is super simple to setup with some nice options controlled using the Live Customizer.
The theme has a large header area where you can upload an image and use the tools in the Customizer to add an overlay color and set the opacity or blur the image. The header also contains space for a title, introduction text, 2 call to action buttons and a social media area where you can link to your profiles with icons.
The homepage also has a featured icon area where you can add our custom features widget with any icon from FontAwesome and draw attention to features on your website.
Posts are displayed in a neat grid layout and the whole theme is responsive so will scale down gracefully for smaller screens and will display a top menu for your mobile visitors.
Customization is handled via the Customizer where you can change color, fonts, upload separate header and footer logos.
- Customizer – All options can be set in the Customizer
- Logos – Upload custom logos for header and footer
- Hero Header – Upload a Hero Image, Text and Buttons
- Homepage Features Areas – Draw attention to your features with images and icons
- Social Media Links – Social Media Icons located in hero header area
- Custom Fonts – Choose from hundreds of Google Fonts
- Custom Colors – Customize the accent color used throughout the site
- Custom Buttons – Styling for different size and color buttons
- Author Bio Widget – Set an Author bio with photo and social media links
- Recent / Popular Widget – Show your popular and recent posts by time scale
- FontAwesome -Include any icon from FontAwesome.
- Sweet post styling – Check the Styleguide for default styling
- eCommerce – Full Support for WooCommerce
Information & Documentation
Theme Info Version: 1.0.0 License: GNU General Public License v2 or later License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Upload and activate the theme and then head over to the customizer to start changing the options, we have pre-configured the theme for you so you can make changes as necessary. Visit “Appearance” > “Widgets” to configure our custom author widget where you can upload your photo, about me text and social media profiles. Use the Recent / Popular widget and set a date range for the display of this widget. Drag feature widgets to the Features widget area and set the text and icons for display on the homepage.
Download The Theme
Use these links to view the theme demo and instantly download Martial.