Weekly WordPress News: Liquid Web Acquires iThemes
In the biggest news this week, Liquid Web, a huge hosting provider, purchased iThemes in an all-cash deal. This is big news, and congrats to the iThemes team!
There was also another smaller acquisition, as UpdraftPlus acquired the Easy Updates Manager plugin.
Other than that, as usual we also have some great reviews and tutorials for you.
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Liquid Web has acquired iThemes – wow! Big news this week as Liquid Web purchases iThemes.
- UpdraftPlus Acquires Easy Updates Manager Plugin – UpdraftPlus acquires a related plugin.
- WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (2018) – ReviewSignal’s new performance benchmarks are out.
- Block Options! A sneak peek on Widget Options Plugin support for Gutenberg Editor – a cool look at how developers can enhance Gutenberg.
- Refund policies for WordPress businesses – an in-depth look at refund policies for theme and plugin shops.
- Nearly 2000 WordPress Websites Infected with a Keylogger – that’s not good!
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Reducing Your Page Load Time With WP Accelerator – learn how to reduce your page load time with WP Accelerator.
- WooCommerce Hooks Guide: Full List and Examples – like the title says, a look at WooCommerce hooks.
- How we do automated quality assurance on more than a hundred WordPress theme demos – for theme shops, from CSS Igniter.
- HTTP/2 Push WordPress Assets to First-Time Visitors – pretty dev-heavy.
- Designing a system: WordPress REST API endpoints – again, this one is just for developers.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Shortcode Cleaner Review: How To Hide Broken Shortcodes On WordPress – Shortcode Cleaner makes it easy to hide broken shortcodes on your site.
- Youzer Review: A New Era Of User Profiles – For those of you who really hate the dull user profiles
- Bibblio Review: Maybe The Best WordPress Related Posts Plugin – Bibblio is one of the best related posts plugins that we’ve used.
- Brutalist Web Design: Where Did It Come From and Why Is It Back? – it’s kind of appealing.