If you’ve been wanting to learn WordPress development but haven’t quite found the right resource, be sure to check out Colin’s review of the Second Edition of Up and Running, a recent release from the guys at WPShout. It takes you through everything you’ll need to finally get a grasp on WordPress development.
And UpdraftPlus is, thankfully, working on an open source replacement for the soon-to-disappear two-factor service, Clef.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Up and Running Review: A Great Course to Learn WordPress Development – Colin’s review of the Up and Running WordPress development course.
- GoDaddy Acquires Sucuri – GoDaddy continues their quest to purchase every WordPress business in existence.
- Reflection on a price increase – Pippin discusses the logic behind increasing the price of EDD extensions.
- Transparency Report #25 – Zerif Lite Back … What’s the Impact on Zerif Pro? – CodeinWP’s transparency reports are always worth a read.
- “Keyy” is revealed as the brand name for our Clef replacement plugin – Clef might be going away, but UpdraftPlus is working on an open source replacement.
- Should Premium Themes Automatically Renew Licenses? – what do you think?
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Beginner’s Guide: How to Set Up W3 Total Cache for WordPress – a lengthy guide for how to set up W3 Total Cache.
- How to debug a WordPress theme – a tutorial from Magic Press.
- How to Use wp.template, WordPress’ Underscore.js Template Method – for the devs!
- How to Set up Facebook Pixel and WordPress for a Winning Sales Funnel – how to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- Best Free & Premium Arts & Crafts WordPress Themes 2017 – Lyn put together some of the best arts and crafts themes.
- Build a Better Business with the WordPress Multipurpose Theme Jevelin – check out Lindsay’s review of Jevelin.
- The Ultimate Guide to WooCommerce Plugins: Over 50 Plugins to Enhance Your Store [UPDATE 2017] – Colin updated WPLift’s huge list of WooCommerce plugins.
- Ep. 220: Matt Mullenweg – Do You Have Your Own Internal “Code” – Matt talks with James Altucher.
- A quick interview with Shawn Hesketh (WP101) – CSS Igniter interviews Shawn of WP101.