If you've been wanting to learn WordPress development but haven't quite found the right resource, be sure to check out Colin's review of the Second Edition of Up and Running, a recent release from the guys at WPShout. It takes you through everything you'll need to finally get a grasp on WordPress development.
In other massive news, GoDaddy announced that they're acquiring Sucuri. Sucuri, WP Curve, ManageWP...who's next?
And UpdraftPlus is, thankfully, working on an open source replacement for the soon-to-disappear two-factor service, Clef.
Let's get to all of this week's news...
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Up and Running Review: A Great Course to Learn WordPress Development - Colin's review of the Up and Running WordPress development course.
- GoDaddy Acquires Sucuri - GoDaddy continues their quest to purchase every WordPress business in existence.
- Reflection on a price increase - Pippin discusses the logic behind increasing the price of EDD extensions.
- Transparency Report #25 – Zerif Lite Back … What’s the Impact on Zerif Pro? - CodeinWP's transparency reports are always worth a read.
- “Keyy” is revealed as the brand name for our Clef replacement plugin - Clef might be going away, but UpdraftPlus is working on an open source replacement.
- Should Premium Themes Automatically Renew Licenses? - what do you think?
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Beginner’s Guide: How to Set Up W3 Total Cache for WordPress - a lengthy guide for how to set up W3 Total Cache.
- How to debug a WordPress theme - a tutorial from Magic Press.
- How to Use wp.template, WordPress’ Underscore.js Template Method - for the devs!
- How to Set up Facebook Pixel and WordPress for a Winning Sales Funnel - how to add Facebook Pixel to WordPress.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- Best Free & Premium Arts & Crafts WordPress Themes 2017 - Lyn put together some of the best arts and crafts themes.
- Build a Better Business with the WordPress Multipurpose Theme Jevelin - check out Lindsay's review of Jevelin.
- The Ultimate Guide to WooCommerce Plugins: Over 50 Plugins to Enhance Your Store [UPDATE 2017] - Colin updated WPLift's huge list of WooCommerce plugins.
- Ep. 220: Matt Mullenweg – Do You Have Your Own Internal “Code” - Matt talks with James Altucher.
- A quick interview with Shawn Hesketh (WP101) - CSS Igniter interviews Shawn of WP101.