This week, iThemes debunks 5 WordPress security myths (like hiding the WordPress version number…that doesn’t do anything!).
Beyond that, beta 3 is out for WordPress 5.1, and we’ve got some great tutorials for you, like how to use the new Elementor Pro Popup Builder to create a popup contact form.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- The Top 5 WordPress Security Myths Debunked – iThemes shares some security myths.
- Extreme ownership is the bedrock of success for digital projects – Tom shares his thoughts on “extreme ownership”.
- Creative, Modern Ways To Reach New Relevant Audiences For Your WordPress Plugin/Theme – from the Freemius team.
- Pippin’s Plugins 2018 year in review – Pippin’s year in review posts are always worth a read.
- WordPress Names Josepha Haden New Executive Director, Joost de Valk Marketing and Communications Lead – additions to the WordPress leadership team.
- WordPress 5.1 Beta 3 – the latest beta is out. The release is scheduled for February 21.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Create A WordPress Popup Contact Form (Open Contact Form In A Popup) – learn how to create a WordPress popup contact form with plugins.
- How to Test Your WordPress Website for PHP 7.x Compatibility – we’ll have more on WordPress and PHP 7.X soon!
- How to Create a WordPress Custom Dashboard for Yourself or Clients – Kinsta shows you how.
- 11 Practical Tips For A Helpful Contact Page On WordPress – from Caldera Forms.
- The Non-Developers Guide to Git and GitHub – ever wondered what these words mean?
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Maps Marker Pro Review: A Flexible WordPress Mapping Plugin – check out our review of the Maps Marker Pro plugin.
- The Best Hand-Picked WordPress Themes for Hotels – the best themes for hotels.
- Salon Booking Review: WordPress Appointment Booking Plugin for Quick & Simple Reservations – check this out if you need appointment booking functionality.
- Translate Page Builder Framework And Get A Free License – multilingual? If you translate Page Builder Framework, you’ll get a year’s license for free.
- Mental Health with Dan Maby of WP&UP – a new Matt Report.