WPLift is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weekly WordPress News: Introducing WordPress 5.8 “Tatum”
Hey, WordPress fans. We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, WordPress 5.8 is officially released. This is a major release, so there’s no pressure to update right away. But give it a try and update when you feel ready. You can learn more about notable features from WP Tavern’s post here.
Beyond that, Gutenberg 11.1 brings several new features and includes nearly three dozen bug fixes. There are also a number of acquisitions in the WordPress space.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress 5.8 “Tatum” – the official 5.8 release post.
- What’s new in Gutenberg 11.1.0? – introducing new features and many bug fixes.
- WordPress 5.8 “Tatum” Introduces Block Widgets, Duotone Media Filters, New Emoji Support, and More – a look on key features.
- Tiny Technologies acquires the Setka Design Platform – in an effort to serve professional content creators and designers who want more advanced options.
- Automattic, owner of Tumblr and WordPress.com, buys podcast app Pocket Casts – the popular podcast app has a new home.
- The WordPress Pattern Directory is live – with over 70 patterns available at the moment.
- BuddyPress 9.0.0 Release Candidate Now Available – this update transforms legacy widgets into blocks.
- KadenceWP is introducing a new pricing plan – learn more about their new pricing and bundles.
- LionSher Technologies Announces New Acquisitions and Becomes Parent Company of Popular WordPress Brands – more acquisitions.
- WordFest Live is Now Live – the 24-hour festival of WordPress is happening today.
- Released new version 0.8 of the GraphQL API for WordPress – supports the new WordPress 5.8, and contains plenty of bug fixes and improvements.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report: July 2021, Part 3 – the regular iThemes vulnerability roundup.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Create and Edit an Image Gallery in WordPress – manually and using a plugin.
- Complete guide: How to send WooCommerce emails to multiple email recipients – as the title says.
- How to Use Product Shortcodes in WooCommerce – to showcase the right products to your customers and increase your sales.
- How to Create a News Website: A Quick Guide to Success – a step-by-step tutorial.
- 3 Easy Ways to Quickly Set Up a WordPress Staging Site – using your web host, using a plugin and manually.
- How to make money as a food blogger? Our tips to monetize your recipes – as the title says.
- How to Use Grouped Products in WooCommerce – so your customers can buy related products together.
- WordPress Email Confirmation for New Users – with the free Profile Builder plugin.
- How to Create Buttons with Dynamic Link – using Custom Fields.
- Strive Content Calendar Review: Prepare, Create, and Schedule Your Content – our comprehensive review on this content publishing plugin.
- KadenceWP Summer Sale – get 40% off annual plans starting July 28th.
- weDevs Summer Sale – enjoy up to 45% off subscriptions.
- Recapture.io: From part time business to world domination – new episode of Matt Report.
- 10 Best WordPress Activity Log Plugins in 2021 – top performing WordPress activity log plugins.
- Best Related Posts Plugins for WordPress in 2021 – keep people browsing your WordPress site.
- 10 Ways to Make Money with WordPress (2021) – earn from WordPress.
- 30 Best WordPress Fullscreen Slider Themes in 2021 – the best WordPress full screen themes available.