The Gutenberg Editor is getting closer to primetime – in WordPress 4.9.5, users will see a dashboard prompt that nudges them to Try the new editing experience.
Mark Uraine also has some good thoughts on the Gutenberg interface. And WP Tavern published another good Gutenberg read if you still haven’t had your fill of Gutenberg talk.
Other than that, we published an introduction to WordPress and the GDPR and Matt Cromwell talks about the WordPress philosophy.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- WordPress GDPR: What It Is And What You Need To Know – a basic introduction to the GDPR and how it will affect your WordPress site.
- The WordPress Philosophy: The Four Freedoms – another post from Matt Cromwell on the WordPress philosophy.
- Recent Memcached Exploit can lead to a DDoS Attack – relevant for some WordPress users.
- Testing Gutenberg: An Empathy Challenge – a good read from Mark Uraine.
- In WordPress 4.9.5, Users Will Be Two Clicks Away From Installing and Activating Gutenberg From the Dashboard – speaking of Gutenberg…
- Why Gutenberg and Why Now? – even more Gutenberg discussion – a good read.
- PHP Version Announcement and What It Means for Caldera Forms Users – Caldera Forms will no longer support outdated PHP versions.
- From Humble Beginnings to Internet Dominance: The Rise of WordPress – Pagely takes a look at the rise of WordPress.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Cloak Affiliate Links In WordPress: With Or Without A Plugin – learn how to start cloaking your site’s affiliate links.
- How To Add Custom CSS To WordPress: 4 Methods For Different Needs – a bunch of different ways to add custom CSS to your WordPress site.
- How to convert a GMT/UTC timestamp to local time in WordPress – another nice tutorial from the team at CSSIgniter.
- From 10 to 100 tickets/day: How we scale Weglot support – helpful if you need to support a WordPress product.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- The Best Free WordPress Themes March 2018 – check out the best free WordPress themes from March 2018.
- Introducing Blocks – The Fastest Way to Build Websites – Elementor introduces another cool feature.
- Michelle Schulp on running an independent business – Season 7 of Matt Report wraps up.