Hey, WordPress friends.
We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
This week, Rocketgenius, the company behind Gravity Forms, announced its acquisition of Gravity Flow and Gravity Experts.
Beyond that, the popular performance enhancement plugin WP-Optimize was accused of gaming page speed results. The company promptly responded to the allegations.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news.
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Gravity Forms Acquires Gravity Flow and Gravity Experts – another acquisition in the WordPress space.
- WP-Optimize Plugin Accused of Cheating PageSpeed and Other Performance Testing Tools – Sarah Gooding has the story on WP Tavern.
- WordPress Core 6.0.2 Security & Maintenance Release – from Wordfence.
- WordPress 6.0.2 Security and Maintenance Release – featuring several bug and security fixes.
- WP-Optimize completely rejects false allegations of ‘gaming’ page speed results – the company responds to the allegations.
- Volunteer at WP Accessibility Day – volunteer positions begin in October.
- Pentatonic – check out this new block theme for musicians.
- ACF PRO 6.0 RC 1 – the new version is now ready for download.
- Introducing the Earth Bundle – a major release from LifterLMS.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – August 31, 2022 – the regular iThemes vulnerability report.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Test Webhooks From Public APIs in Local Development – a technical guide from DeliciousBrains.
- How to Accept PayPal Payments in WordPress (Best Option) – using ProfilePress.
- When to Use a Local WordPress Web Development Environment (4 Cases) – what it is and when to use one.
- How to Send Emails to WooCommerce Customers in WordPress – as the title says.
- What are Page Creation Patterns in WordPress? – a thorough guide from WP Engine.
- How and Why to Create Custom Permalinks for WooCommerce – make your WooCommerce store more SEO-friendly.
- How to Set Up Your Own Website To Sell Online Courses – a comprehensive guide.
- Geotargeting WP Review: Map Your Content to The Most Appropriate Target Audience – our hands-on review on this tool.
- WooGeolocation Review: Show Your Products to The Right Audience – a comprehensive review.
- WordPress accessibility in a page builder world – the latest from Matt Report.
- What Does It Mean To Contribute To WordPress? – excerpt from the Post Status Podcasts.
- Laura Nelson on How To Create a Profitable Newsletter – a new episode of the WPTavern Jukebox.
- Ben Meredith’s technical support philosophy – what’s new from Torque News Drop.
- Nexcess WordPress Sale – 50% off 6 months of managed hosting.
- WP Reset Team Plan – LTD for $49 on AppSumo.
- Event AppSumo Deal – a lifetime deal on this events plugin at $59.