Weekly WordPress News: GoDaddy Acquires SkyVerge
Hey, WordPress fans.
This week, there was another big acquisition in the WooCommerce space. GoDaddy acquired SkyVerge, the company behind over 60 different WooCommerce add-ons. Most notably, WooCommerce Memberships and Jilt, an email marketing solution for eCommerce.
Beyond that, Facebook will change its API which may break many oEmbed links starting October 24. Make sure to pay attention to this if you embed Facebook/Instagram content in your WordPress site.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- GoDaddy Acquires SkyVerge to Help Everyday Entrepreneurs Sell Online with WordPress and WooCommerce – GoDaddy’s official announcement post.
- GoDaddy Acquires SkyVerge, Creator of Over 60 WooCommerce Add-Ons – WP Tavern’s post on the acquisition.
- The Hacker Motive: What Attackers Are Doing with Your Hacked Site – an interesting look at why hackers want your website.
- Upcoming API Change Will Break Facebook and Instagram oEmbed Links Across the Web Beginning October 24 – WP Tavern explains what’s going on with Facebook.
- WordPress Themes Directory Adds New “Delist” Status for Non-Compliant Themes – themes can now be “delisted” instead of removed.
- Attackers Fight for Control of Sites Targeted in File Manager Vulnerability – Wordfence shares more on this recent issue.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Create a WordPress Theme from Scratch – ever wanted to try it?
- How to Add a WooCommerce Product to a Page or Post – with a product quick view.
- What is Webflow? – A Webflow Tutorial for Absolute Beginners – not technically WordPress, but might be of interest to people wondering what this tool is.
- Ultimate Guide to Hire a WordPress Developer – iThemes shares some tips for hiring WordPress developers.
- The Best WordPress Plugins to Add & Manage Ads on Your Blog – use ads to make money? These plugins can help.
- 6 Best WordPress Quiz Plugins (2020): Serious or Viral – quiz your site’s visitors!
- 15 Best WordPress Booking Plugins – the best plugins to accept bookings.
- AppSumo BIGVU Deal – this is an interesting deal if you create any type of video content.