Envira Gallery is a gallery plugin for WordPress which is available as a free and also a premium version.
The free version has been downloaded over 300,000 times and has 40k active installs and is sitting at a 4.3 out of 5 rating on the official WordPress directory. It allows you to create responsive galleries within WordPress using a drag and drop interface and is SEO friendly with the ability for meta data, deeplinks, standalone galleries, and pagination.
As a responsive image gallery plugin, Envira works with all mobile devices. It has more than 25 addons that includes social sharing, watermarking, importing images from multiple web platforms and more.
- Albums – Albums Addon allows you to create beautiful photo albums. You can use your image galleries for adding the photo albums in WordPress.
- Custom CSS – CSS Addon helps you with the endless possibilities to add styling in your image galleries. You can control the UI of your images as you need, so your image galleries looks beautiful.
- Deeplinking – Deeplinking Addon create URLs for each of the image in your gallery. You can reach your images with the unique links. It helps you in the SEO by adding the indexable URLs for search engines.
- Defaults – Defaults Addon simply saves your default image gallery and addons settings, so you don’t need to add the settings every time your create an image gallery with Envira.
- Dropbox Importer – Dropbox Addon allows you to import all the photos from your Dropbox account into Envira gallery. It will directly bring the newly added photos from Dropbox to your image gallery in WordPress.
- Dynamic – Dynamic Addon helps you to create image galleries from the images in WordPress. You can simply add the shortcode, image ids, tags or more to add a beautiful image gallery in your post.
- EXIF – EXIF Addon allows you to share the EXIF metadata of your photos in image galleries and lightbox view. This data includes make/model of camera, aperture, shutter speed and more.
- Fullscreen – Fullscreen Addon empowers you to view your images on any large screen. It works with the help of browser’s fullscreen mode feature to display fullscreen images.
- Gallery Themes – Gallery Themes Addon gives you the access to more than 5 image gallery templates that makes your photo gallery stand out.
- Image Proofing – Proofing Addon allows your customers to select their favorite photos for proofing the size and quantity to order them from your website.
- Instagram Importer – Instagram Addon helps you import the photos from your Instagram account, photos that you liked on Instagram, or photos with specific tags in your image gallery.
- Lightroom Integration – Lightroom Addon integrates Adobe Lightroom with WordPress. It helps you to create, sync, and manage your image galleries from Lightroom in WordPress.
- NextGEN Importer – NextGEN Importer Addon simply brings your image galleries from NextGEN Gallery to Envira Gallery. You can import your images, meta information, albums and more.
- Pagination – Pagination Addon helps you in splitting your large image galleries into multiple pages. You can organize hundreds of pictures and speed up the load time of your image gallery.
- Password Protection – Password Protection Addon helps you to add a password for viewing an image gallery. You can also protect your image galleries from unauthorized access.
- Pinterest Icon – Pinterest Addon simply adds the Pinterest Pin It button to the images. It is a retina ready button and works great on all devices.
- Protection – Protection Addon disables the right click and image download option from your photo galleries. It works great with the gallery display and lightbox view.
- Slideshow – Slideshow Addon helps you in creating an image slideshow at the lightbox view of your image galleries. You can move your images with the keyboard navigation or enable the autoplay option.
- Social Sharing – Social Sharing Addon helps you to add social share icons on your image galleries. You can add Facebook, Twitter, and more social media buttons at your images in WordPress.
- Standalone – Standalone Addon create the unique URLs for your image galleries and photo albums, so they can open in their dedicated pages.
- Supersize – Supersize Addon gives your images a full scale view at the lightbox display mode. It can adjust your images of any sizes amazingly on your screens.
- Tags – Tags Addon helps you to add custom tags at your images. It will display the tags above your image gallery, so you can click on the tags to view the images.
- Videos – Videos Addon gives you the access to add video galleries in WordPress. You can add YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia and self hosted videos in your gallery.
- Watermarking – Watermarking Addon allows you to add watermark in your image galleries. You can add watermark to your images in full-size and lightbox.
- WooCommerce Integration – WooCommerce Addon helps you to sell your photos online. It integrates WooCommerce platform with Envira Gallery to easily create an image selling website.
- ZIP Importer – Zip Importer Addon allows you to import photos from .zip file to your image gallery in WordPress. You can zip hundreds of photos and upload the file. It will extract the images from the zip file to create an image gallery.
Setup Envira Gallery
You can start by installing and activating the Envira Gallery WordPress plugin.
After activating the plugin, you will find a new tab of Envira Gallery in the WordPress admin sidebar. Simply go to Envira Gallery » Add New for creating your image gallery.
You should drag and drop your photos in the images section. If you want to update the meta data for the images, then click on the (i) icon on each image individually for this setting.
Once the images and meta information is added, you can go ahead to config tab from the Envira Gallery settings. By default, the settings are great for an image gallery. However, you can change any settings as you need accordingly.
The other settings includes lightbox, thumbnails, mobile and misc. In these settings, you can enable or disable any functionality as per requirements.
Once you are satisfied with all the settings, simply click on the Publish button.
You will see a popup with the shortcode which you can add in your posts or pages to display your image galleries.
You need the Albums Addon by Envira to create beautiful photo albums in WordPress. After activating the addon, go ahead and add the image galleries into the album.
The settings for the albums are similar to image galleries. You can hit the Publish button and copy the shortcode from the dialogue box which you can paste in your posts or pages to display the albums in WordPress.
Envira Gallery has 4 premium licenses, take a look at what each one offers as each one adds in extra features – to get all available features you will need the Gold plan which costs $99.
- Bronze License – $19 (Unlimited Galleries, Slideshows, Protection, Standalone Galleries)
- Silver License – $49 (Password Protection, Gallery Themes, Pagination, Tags, Watermarking, EXIF Data, Instagram, Dropbox)
- Gold License – $99 (Albums, Social Sharing, Image Proofing, eCommerce, Deeplinking, Videos, Lightroom, Dynamic Galleries, FullScreen)
- Platinum License – $249 (Lifetime updates, premium support)
Each license comes with its own features and flexibility. You can check out Envira Gallery pricing to learn more about these licenses.
Envira Gallery is a good solid gallery plugin with a great team behind it – it’s created by the Syed Balkhi and Thomas Griffin, the people behind Soliloquy Slider and OptinMonster so you know it will be well supported and received updates as necessary. The plugin is very easy to setup and get working and has lots of solid features that you would expect from a premium gallery plugin. The plugin has good documentation online which you can view here, support is provided by online ticketing system should you need it.
You can try out the free version to see if it will suit your needs and can upgrade to a paid plan which all come with a 100% money back guarantee, allowing you to try the plugin risk-free for 14 days.