Weekly WordPress News: Envato Surpasses $1 Billion in Community Earnings
Hey, WordPress fans.
This week, Envato, the company behind the popular ThemeForest and CodeCanyon marketplaces, officially passed $1 billion in community earnings since its launch 14 years ago. While that’s not 100% from WordPress, that’s still pretty dang impressive.
Beyond that, the Biden/Harris team launched a transition website and it’s powered by WordPress. Another big vote of confidence in the world’s most popular CMS.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- We’ve reached $1 billion in community earnings! – Envato’s announcement post.
- Biden-Harris Transition Website Launches on WordPress – the Build Back Better website is hosted by Automattic and includes some neat accessibility features.
- WordPress Powered Almost Every Contest in the US Elections – another look at WordPress and the 2020 election.
- WordPress 5.6 Beta 4 – the latest release as WordPress 5.6 gets ready to launch.
- Themes Team Removes Outdated CSS Guidelines, Adds Stricter Requirement for Links in Content – some changes with the Themes Team rules.
- Google’s ‘Core Web Vitals’ Metrics to Factor into Search Rankings from May 2021 – Google will start using the Core Web Vitals metrics that we wrote about as a ranking factor in May 2021.
- WooCommerce 4.6.2 fix release – this release fixes a problem with spam registrations.
- WebDevStudios Day in the Life of a Support Engineer – ever wondered what support engineers do?
- Announcing An Open Beta For Genesis Block Theme – want to try the block version of Genesis?
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to create composite products in WooCommerce – as the title says.
- How to Revert a WordPress Multisite to a Single-Site – you might need to do this sometimes.
- How to Use Cloudflare for DNS Hosting Only (No CDN or WAF) – Cloudflare is one of the fastest DNS providers, and it’s free.
- PHP Techniques to Write Clean and Readable Code – some tips for developers.
- Quick Tip: Get the Size of a MySQL Database – another tip for devs.
- How to Get the Most Out of Integrated Video Tutorials – a very specific tutorial.
- How to create an appointment/booking page with Gravity Forms – if you organize events or offer services.
- 20 WordPress Coming Soon Themes and Plugins – check out the best options to create a coming soon page.
- WordPress Vulnerability Roundup: November 2020, Part 1 – iThemes’ regular roundup.
- ElementsKit AppSumo Deal (Elementor extension) – an interesting lifetime AppSumo deal for Elementor users.
- Top 5 WordPress Signup Plugins and How to Setup Custom Registration – as the title says.
- How to set up online ordering for restaurant chains – three ways to create a food ordering system.