Hey, WordPress friends!
We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
The WordPress acquisition train continues. This week, Elementor announced the acquisition of Strattic, a static and headless WordPress company.
Beyond that, InstaWP received seed funding from Automattic. The founder Vikas Singhal shared more about it in this blog post. We also get a peek at the main areas of work for WordPress 6.1.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Strattic acquired by Elementor – Strattic’s acquisition announcement.
- InstaWP Gets Seed Funding From Automattic – InstaWP is working on developing native integrations for hosting providers.
- WordPress 6.1 to Focus On Refining Full-Site Editing, Next Phase Collaboration and Multilingual Features Anticipated in 2023-2025 – feature enhancements to look forward to.
- Museum of Block Art is Open for Submissions – find out how you can contribute.
- WordCamp Montclair 2022 – this event is happening on June 25.
- Jetpack CRM 5.0: More Power for Merchants, Free – check out what’s new in this version.
- Kinsta launched Kinsta Academy – a free online learning platform.
- Accessible Reading – check out this new accessibility plugin.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – June 8, 2022 – the regular iThemes vulnerability report.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How To Generate QR Codes For WordPress Sites: Scannable Shortcuts to Your Content – as the title says.
- How to stop spam in your WordPress contact form in 2022 – a step by step guide from Tripetto.
- A Beginner’s Guide to WordPress Settings and Configuring Your Website – everything you need to know about WordPress settings.
- How to Edit Footer in WordPress Website Easily – with block patterns and a theme.
- Kinsta® Academy Courses – Kinsta released 3 free video courses on WordPress.
- How to add smart advanced search to your WooCommerce website: Complete plugin guide – from Barn2 plugins.
- MasterStudy LMS AppSumo Deal – a $69 lifetime deal on this LMS plugin.
- Squirrly SEO AppSumo – a $69 lifetime deal on this SEO plugin.
- WooCommerce Plugin Bundles – get 25% off Iconic’s new plugin bundles.
- Taking on Internet Art with WordPress – the latest from Matt Report.
- Nineteen Years of WordPress: A Look Back and a Look Ahead – a new episode from Post Status Comments.
- Remkus de Vries on How WordCamp Europe Got Started – episode 22 of WP Tavern’s Jukebox.
- Managing Media in WordPress – the latest from WPwatercooler.