As far as news goes, it's been a fairly quiet week. We have an article discussing whether or not you need to make the switch to managed WordPress hosting.
And if you're interested in some bug fixes, WordPress 4.7.4 is out.
There's an attention-grabbing article on the joy of paying for WordPress plugins. And if you want to get more insight into what happened with the BlogVault security breach, you can read WP White Security's interview with Akshat Choudhary.
Let's get to all of this week's news...
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Does My Business Need Managed WordPress Hosting? - Well, does it?
- Think Big, Learn Fast, and Listen: My Lessons from Building a WordPress SaaS Product - Freemium with another quality article for WordPress business owners.
- WordPress 4.7.4 - nothing too exciting for WordPress end users, but plenty of fixes and tweaks.
- Why We Love Paying for WordPress Plugins - love might be a little strong...but "happy to do it" fits.
- Automattic to Close San Francisco Office - bon voyage to the San Francisco office.
- Inteview with BlogVault CEO Akshat Choudhary - WP White Security has an interview with Akshat Choudhary of BlogVault.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- Quick Guide: How to Embed Google Slides Presentations in WordPress - a simple tutorial for something beginners can struggle with.
- Using The WordPress REST API Without An Extra HTTP Request - another one for the devs!
- How to Use HTML5 Video to Create Animated Gifs at Smaller File Sizes - some Gifs are absolutely massive - this tutorial offers a better way.
RESOURCES & FREEBIES
- PremiumCoding Review: A Look at a Rising WordPress Theme Developer - a look at PremiumCoding's themes.
- WooCommerce vs Shopify - which ecommerce platform is best? - what do you think?
- Kinsta Kingpin: Interview with Ionut Neagu - an interview with Ionut of ThemeIsle/CodeinWP.
- S5 E3: Chris Wallace - Episode 3 of Season 5 of Matt Report.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to WordCamp Europe 2017 in Paris - heading to Paris? Give this guide a read.