It was a quiet week in the WordPress community. Not much news of note, beyond continued development and discussions about Gutenberg.
We did a find a nice article from CSS-Tricks comparing how different content management systems handle content blocks.
There’s also continued discussion about malicious code in previously trusted WordPress plugins.
And finally, we rounded up as many helpful tutorials and resources as we could find.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- How Different CMS’s Handle Content Blocks – an awesome look at how CMS’s handle content blocks. Perfect for the Gutenberg discussion.
- Introducing Testimonial Carousel: Design Testimonials That Get More Conversions – another nice new feature at Elementor.
- Why You Should Use WordPress – Here Are at Least 20 Good Reasons – in case you’re not already a convert.
- Malicious Code in Previously Trusted WordPress Plugins: A New Reality – another article about the recent malicious code events.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Clean up Your wp_options Table and Autoloaded Data – a very specific tutorial from Kinsta.
- How to add a custom page template using a child theme – a code-centered tutorial from CSS Igniter.
- How to Use the WordPress Loop to Style Your First Post Differently – another tutorial focused on a code solution.
- Using A Service Container To Improve Your WordPress Code – a dev-centered tutorial from Josh Pollock.
RESOURCES, DEALS & FREEBIES
- WP AMP Themes Review: Google AMP Themes for WordPress – check out how to easily style your AMP pages.
- Bouncezap Review: Display Targeted Marketing Messages Without Code – Bouncezap helps you display segmented messages without a developer.
- OceanWP: A Free WordPress Theme Packed with Premium Features – who doesn’t love a nice free theme?
- Jilt Review: Send Cart Abandonment Emails for WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads – check out Jilt if you use WordPress for eCommerce.