Weekly WordPress News: Cloudflare Launches WordPress Optimization Product
Hey, WordPress friends. Last week, we told you about Cloudflare’s new web analytics tool. This week, Cloudflare launched something even cooler – affordable optimization specifically built for WordPress sites. This lets you use Cloudflare’s full page caching without breaking your WordPress site for just $5 per month. Pretty interesting!
Beyond that, full site editing with the block editor is getting closer and closer to a public beta.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Introducing Automatic Platform Optimization, starting with WordPress – an intro to Cloudflare’s new WordPress service. It helps you cache your entire WordPress site on Cloudflare’s network of servers (without breaking things).
- Exploring Full-Site Editing With the Q WordPress Theme – Justin explores what full site editing might look like.
- WPComplete is Joining the iThemes Family – on the heels of its Restrict Content Pro acquisition, iThemes also just acquired WPComplete, which helps you create simple online courses. It pairs well with RCP, hence the acquisition, I’d imagine.
- Jetpack 9.0: Continue sharing Facebook and Instagram posts on your site – Jetpack 9.0 is out with some new features.
- Start being our own clients – I always think it’s weird when developers don’t use their own products.
- Navigation Screen Sidelined for WordPress 5.6, Full-Site Editing Edges Closer to Public Beta – there won’t be a new navigation screen in WordPress 5.6.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to get significantly more conversions from your WordPress content marketing – some tips for WordPress businesses.
- How to Secure and Optimize Your WordPress Site with Cloudflare – this isn’t a current post – it’s a webinar from Kinsta that you can register for.
- How to Make an Unobtrusive Scroll-to-Top Button – using CSS.
- How to Migrate a WordPress Multisite Subsite to a Single WordPress Site – as the title says.
- Rocket Review: Managed WordPress Hosting on the Edge of the Cloud – check out this new managed WordPress host.
- WooCommerce Product Filter Review: Flexible Ajax Product Filters – add more flexible product filters to your store.
- Torque’s Social Hour with Matt Medeiros – Matt gets interviewed for a change.
- Evolving Membership Offerings with Brian Krogsgard – a new episode of How I Built It.
- Start being our own clients – Pixelgrade on using their own products.