Weekly WordPress News: The Challenges Of Running A WordPress Business In 2018
This week, there’s a big post from Alexander Mat, the co-founder of MotoPress, about the challenges of running a WordPress plugin and theme business in 2018.
We also got a sneak peek at Elementor 2.0 – it looks like there’s going to be a ton of new features that move Elementor into a full theme builder, rather than just a page builder.
And we also have some other nice thought pieces from WordPress product owners and freelancers, as well as some reviews and tutorials.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- “Our Biggest Challenges in Running A WordPress Plugin & Theme Business in 2018” by MotoPress – a detailed post from the co-founder of MotoPress.
- Elementor 2.0 – We’re Reinventing WordPress Design, All Over Again – Elementor 2.0 is about to drop! It lets you design everything about your WordPress site.
- A Page Builder Creator’s Opinion: Embrace Gutenberg – from the creator of Page Builder Sandwich.
- 5 Indisputable Truths of Life in the WordPress Ecosystem – from Ryan Sullivan of WP Site Care.
- New Team Forms to Facilitate GDPR Compliance in WordPress Core – Europeans should be happy to hear this!
- Why I Changed My Positioning & the Thought Process Behind It – helpful for freelancers.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Reduce Bounce Rate on Your WordPress Site (18 Tips) – get your bounce rate down.
- Freelance WordPress Development: How to Make a Career of It – from Fred Meyer of WPShout.
- Tutorial: How to Create a WordPress Video Gallery – how to create a filterable video gallery on your site.
- 3 Ways to Add Personalized Pop-Ups to WordPress and Boost Stickiness – a very specific tutorial from ThemeIsle.
- Fix “sslverify = false” for Pro Plugin / Theme Updates – another very specific, and short, guide.
- WooCommerce Product Catalog Tutorial – how to create a WooCommerce product catalog at your store.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Swarmify SmartVideo Review: A Better Way To Embed Videos In WordPress – check out our SmartVideo review for an easy way to use an unbranded video player on your WordPress site while still keeping your YouTube videos.
- The Best Free WordPress Themes February 2018 – some of the best new free themes from February.
- You’re building your WordPress business all wrong. Here’s why. – a new episode of Matt Report.
- Help Us Test Yoast SEO 7.0 – want to test the new Yoast SEO plugin?
- WordPress Localization – essentials to consider when translating your website
- I asked Troy Dean if he was doing this for the money. The answer will shock you. – Matt Report upping the game with clickbait titles.
- Freelance WordPress Development – How to make a career of it – A nice in depth article from WPShout