Are you looking to implement event management or booking management system on your WordPress website? You’re in luck! You’ve come across a comprehensive list of categorized calendar booking WordPress plugins for a diversity of businesses.
Although booking plugins very often come with similar features, three main touchstones allow us to differentiate them:
- Time (appointments)
- Event (concerts, workshops)
- Space (rental property).
In this collection of the best calendar booking WordPress plugins you’ll find solutions for each of those broad categories. They are ready to serve personal blogs, corporate establishments, small business, as well as political and government websites. For example:
- Booking classes and courses
- Spa and beauty salons
- Sports and dance appointments
- Home-service appointments
- Event appointment and reservation
- Availability calendar and property booking, etc.
Let’s jump right to the plugins!
Best Calendar Booking WordPress Plugins for Appointments
Bookly is one of the most widely recognized solutions among the appointment booking and calendar plugins for WordPress. You’ll be able to reduce the overhead of your appointment business because this plugin is all about automation and serving your clients best.
There’s nothing that this plugin can’t do, so let’s focus only on the most essential features:
- Suitable for small businesses and even a chain of businesses.
- Fully customizable, modern design patterns.
- Set up and manage unlimited appointment booking calendars.
- A full-fledged dashboard for booking management.
- Multiple payment systems (full price, deposit) to handle online bookings or cash on arrival.
- Tools to manage staff members.
- SMS and email notifications.
Booking Calendar is the most popular booking and appointment plugin that comes with a free version offering basic calendar functionality.
This version enables users to select available custom timeslots or days and leave a booking request that can be either confirmed or declined by the admin staff via email. The premium Booking Calendar version, however, ships with probably one of the most advanced set of features but still brings up the rear in terms of design. Other free tools include:
- Calendar and list view for bookings.
- Optimized for Gutenberg.
- Bookings timeline.
- Email notifications.
- Support for iCal feeds to sync with other platforms and events.
Booked is one of the most popular premium solutions for appointment booking in WordPress. It’s powerful yet very easy to configure that ultimately benefits the whole user experience for employees and customers.
The plugin allows you to automate multiple repetitive tasks, set appointment bookings on autopilot without much hassle and bring modern digital booking experiences to your clients. Let’s put the main benefits into the list:
- Responsive calendar or list view for bookable appointments.
- Specific calendars assigned to agents.
- WooCommerce integration for paid bookings.
- Agent (service providers) profiles and customer accounts.
- Support for custom fields and time slots.
Amelia is a multipurpose and well-designed appointment booking plugin for WordPress that supports all the range of tools for different business scenarios, such as beauty salons, repair centers, private clinics, etc. The most prominent benefits of this plugin are highly user-friendly business management toolkit and fully customizable minimalist availability calendars. More details:
- Straightforward customization for the appointment calendar.
- Stripe, PayPal or more gateways via WooCommerce to pay for appointments online.
- Free appointments can also be confirmed and sent to a user’s calendar.
- Advanced booking management dashboard.
- CRM-like functionality to manage customers and user-friendly employee management.
- Dedicated billing and finance area.
- The basic functionality is available via a free version.
We also tested this beautiful plugin firsthand, so make sure to read our Amelia review if you like the plugin.
Salon Booking is another quality many-sided solution for the appointment booking business needs of any scale from small salons with several employees to multi-salon chains.
In addition to the essential tools of booking specific appointment timeslots, the plugin offers awesome client-business interaction tools, smooth design that will help you establish an expert reputation in the niche, and tons of addons for specific functionality.
- A smart system of booking rules.
- Email and SMS reminders.
- PayPal and Stripe gateways.
- Automatic Google Calendar synchronization
- Support for multiple locations, services, staff and more.
If you find this plugin suitable to your needs, take a look at the dashboard and features in our Salon Booking review.
Calendarista is an appointment booking and schedule WordPress plugin that offers deep flexibility of the booking slots – you can go with a single day with a time range, single day and time, timeslots with padding, changeover days, booking a round trip, and more. In fact, you can use this plugin for any booking needs, not just appointments. Here are some of the key features the plugin offers:
- Support for iCal feeds.
- Handy calendar view of the forthcoming appointments.
- Bookable extras.
- Seats and group booking.
- Paypal, Stripe, 2Checkout and WooCommerce online payments, plus offline payments.
Best Calendar Booking WordPress Plugins for Events
The Events Calendar
The Events Calendar is one of the top chosen WordPress event plugins that take care of the design and functionally equally well. The core plugin can be extended by numerous supporting addons from ticketing to event aggregator. Discover some great features of the plugin:
- Recurring events.
- iCal and Gcal event export.
- Google Maps, location search, and geolocation.
- Upcoming events widget.
- Event custom fields.
EventOn – WordPress Event Calendar Plugin
EventOn is one of those few event calendar plugins that allows you to build the most visually appealing calendars without tweaking and implement any functionality you might need.
The plugin is used by thousands of projects making it the best-selling piece of code at CodeCanyon. EventOn comes with beautiful material design layout patterns, a plethora of dedicated event management tools and settings:
- Recurring and multiple day events.
- Ability to sync events to customers’ calendars.
- Advanced event filtering and sorting options.
- Social share icons.
- Support for Google Maps and location markers.
Tickets, QR codes, bookings, speakers, schedules and more are all available as paid addons.
Calendarize it! is probably one of the best event calendar plugins since it comes bundled with the dedicated set of tools and a kit of free addons – all for a small fee.
It’s also a win-win plugin if you are looking to focus on great design and event marketing tools rather than accepting payments, because ticketing and WooCommerce payment gateways are available only as paid addons. Here are some things you’ll love:
- A plentiful collection of addons (upcoming events, author filtering, advent calendar, rating and reviews and more).
- Optimized for Gutenberg.
- Works smoothly with the WPBakery Page Builder.
All-in-one Event Calendar
This is a multipurpose event manager calendar for WordPress used by numerous small and established businesses. Although it costs more than other dedicated solutions, the Pro version of the All-in-one Event Calendar plugin is easy to scale to a network of sites and utilize for the enterprise-grade needs. The free version of the plugin is quite feature-rich as well:
- Support for multiple functional event view modes.
- Category-based event color-coding.
- Support for Google Maps.
- Customizable widget for upcoming events.
- Allows for syncing events via iCal with popular services (Google Calendar, Apple iCal).
- Ticketing and venue organization are available via paid addons.
My Calendar is a highly-rated event management WordPress plugin that allows you to display categorized current and upcoming events in a grid or list layout. The Pro version includes all free features plus ensures more automation tools, frontend event submission, advanced search, and import facilities. The free version comes with the barebone set of tools, which we think would suffice for a small project that aims to showcase events and set up basic customer interaction:
- Up to a daily calendar view format.
- A scheduling mechanism for recurring events.
- Easy event sorting (by location, host, etc.)
- Shortcode-based layout customization.
Event Booking Pro
Event Booking Pro is another full-fledged event WordPress calendar plugin for showcasing events and selling tickets and subtickets (e.g. for children).
It offers numerous designs that can be tweaked down to the smallest details, a handy event visual editor a good bunch of tools to handle communication with customers. In addition to the core essentials, it also includes:
- Support for Google Maps.
- Gift card integration.
- Syncing events to Google Calendar.
- Online payments via PayPal.
Modern Events Calendar
Modern Events Calendar is one of the most loved and used event managing WordPress plugins. It gained a positive reputation particularly thanks to its great ability to seamlessly handle calendar design, exceptional event booking process, and modern ticketing tools.
You might be interested in digging deeper into our Modern Events Calendar review. For a bird’s-eye view, here are some prominent features:
- Advanced shortcode generator to tailor the look and behavior of events.
- Pre-built good-looking layouts out of the box.
- Sell tickets online (PayPal, Stripe, WooCommerce and more).
- Allow users to add and create events (frontend event submission).
- Coupons for events.
- Support for easily-scannable QR code.
- Specialist integration with Elementor.
Best Calendar Booking WordPress Plugins for Property Booking
MotoPress Hotel Booking
This is a comprehensive plugin for building a property rental website, starting from the professional property presentation to managing bookings. It’s backed by the collection of dedicated themes for hotels, villas, and campsites giving you a good choice of turnkey solutions at a reduced cost. In contrast to other similar solutions, the plugin is professionally localized into multiple languages and provides smooth integration with Gutenberg, Divi, and Elementor.
Some other key features include:
- Availability calendars that can be synchronized with the external platforms (Airbnb, Booking).
- Solid pricing system with per-night, per-occupancy, and per-season rates.
- Free integration with several popular payment gateways (PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout and more), plus support for bank transfer and cash on arrival methods.
- Handling obligatory fees and taxes.
Opal Hotel Room Booking
The Opal team offers different booking solutions for hotel and real estate industries. The Hotel Room Booking plugin provides a whole range of tools for renting out unlimited room types, the advanced reservation system, availability calendars, and more useful tools for free. So if you are looking to save some money and still have a functional website for your small hospitality business, consider the features of this plugin:
- Customizable room lising design.
- Handy rate management with support for taxes.
- PayPal, Stripe and offline payments.
- Reporting system.
Vik Booking is a plugin completely dedicated to hotel and vacation rental needs. Although Vik Booking is quite a new thing for the WordPress audience, the software framework behind the plugin was initially created in 2010. This gives us ground for assuming that a WordPress version of this booking plugin for rental properties is not another me-too plugin but a decent and reliable product.
It comes with all the essentials to automate bookings as well as unique features:
- Bookable units and subunits.
- Availability calendars for each room showcasing per-day pricing.
- A centralized reservation panel from all external channels like Expedia (paid addon required).
- A few turnkey designs to start hotel business with automated bookings.
- Support for 60 payment gateways.
HBook is an old standby among the best booking WordPress plugins for implementing a full-fledged property booking system. With this plugin, you’ll get everything from the on-demand reservation system to a clean and handy admin interface for an affordable price.
It’s hard to beat this plugin on the feature set, for it has it all related to hospitality business requirements. Here is a brief list of its major responsibilities:
- Agile pricing system (seasonal prices, rates, vouchers, discounts, etc.)
- Multiple live demo examples.
- Detailed availability calendars.
- The integrated channel manager for syncing with online travel agents.
- PayPal and Stripe gateways included without extra cost.
VR Calendar Sync
This is a purpose-driven one-of-a-kind plugin that allows for a two-way availability calendar synchronization process between WordPress and such popular platforms as Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, and Flipkey.
It will work for those who have already created a property listing and want to attach a property availability calendar that will display up-to-date information from all listings. At the same time, you can use this plugin to set up a complex system of property pricing. Here are a few of its main benefits:
- Automatic synchronization for those platforms that support iCal.
- A straightforward interface for configuring the tiers for pricing tags.
- Completely customizable and responsive calendar design (from colors to layout).
- Integration with payment gateways (PayPal and Stripe).
WP Hotel Booking
WP Hotel Booking is a free plugin for hotels. It encompasses a property management system for adding listings, a booking system, and reporting tools. Check whether the following free features would be enough for your project:
- Agile rate customization for setting different room pricing.
- Authorize.net, Paypal, Stripe and offline payment methods.
- WPML support.
- The Sailing theme for the ready-to-go hotel room booking solution.
The final word on the Best Booking Calendar WordPress Plugins
Although you are spoiled for choice here, these booking and calendar plugins are not interchangeable. It’s hard to say which one is the best since it all comes down to your specific business, budget, and design preferences.
It’s worth mentioning that you can expect more regular business-focused updates from the dedicated plugins, which keep an eye on the market, scale faster and adapt to the changes smoother than multipurpose plugins.
Got a question or want to talk about any of these booking plugins? Share your thoughts in the comments.