Looking for the best WordPress portfolio plugins?
Unless you exhibit your work, no one will acknowledge you. You need a website to exhibit your work as a creative individual, such as a designer, photographer, or writer.
The best part is that WordPress also lets you use portfolio items like photos, videos, and other media in your site’s articles and pages. What’s more, you can now make your work innovative and present it to the world with a good and high-quality impact.
In this post, we’ve compiled a hand-picked selection of the finest WordPress portfolio plugins. These plugins can help you develop a unique and creative portfolio that will amaze your visitors.
For photographers, WP Portfolio is the ideal WordPress portfolio plugin. It allows you to easily construct portfolio websites using over 40 professionally designed portfolio themes. It was designed by the Astra Theme developers, who have made some of the best WordPress themes ever.
WP Portfolio provides portfolios with the same ease of use. It comes with a variety of style choices, themes, and media compatibility, and it can be quickly customized without writing any code or CSS. Most importantly, all portfolio templates appear and function exactly as well on smartphones as they do on computers.
- For those with no design expertise, there are over 48 built-in dummy portfolio sites.
- Because all pricing plans include access to the REST API, you can customize just about anything with your portfolio.
- Shortcodes that may be edited and customized to meet your needs are available.
- There isn’t a free version available. If you want to use this plugin’s capabilities to construct your portfolio, you’ll have to pay for it.
- One time purchase costs $199
- Billed annually costs $39
Modula is the most user-friendly plugin for photographers and creatives, with a plethora of functionality and customization options that allow you to quickly create photo and video galleries. This plugin is ideal for everyone who is a novice or a skilled photographer.
- You may use it for a variety of things, such as creating filterable galleries and using them to create a gorgeous portfolio.
- It is highly user-friendly and intuitive.
- By using the SpeedUp extension, you may display your graphic material from your site without sacrificing site performance.
- It doesn’t have eCommerce integration.
- Starter Plan with 1 site- $39 per year
- Trio Plan with 3 sites – $69 per year
- Business Plan with 99 sites- $99 per year
Stunning gallery layouts, easy reordering with drag and drop or gallery sorting, customization such as hover effects, video support, and more are some of FooGallery’s notable features. By default, all of the galleries you create are retina-ready. In addition, the free edition has album functionality, allowing you to simply put together numerous galleries. The plugin comes with a number of gallery layouts to help you get started quickly.
Article Continues Below
Additionally, they feature Gallery Preview, which allows you to see how your gallery will look as you construct it.
- The user interface is easy to use.
- With the Pro edition, video galleries are supported.
- The Pro edition comes with a variety of gallery templates.
- There isn’t a social sharing option.
- There aren’t many lightbox choices.
- 1 site – $49.99 per year
- 5 sites – $99.99 per year
- 25 sites – $199.99 per year
The Media Grid plugin may be used for a variety of things, from creating Instagram photo galleries to arranging your most essential portfolio pieces into an attractive column-based design. The ability to interface with WooCommerce, possibilities for people to leave comments on your photographs, and full media support for items like images, music, and video are just a few of the features of Media Grid.
- You may add your own media components to the portfolio or link it to certain blog articles or pages.
- It has a visual grid builder that allows you to see your presentation before uploading it to your website. The portfolio is sorted and element sizes are adjusted without the use of code.
- The lightbox mode is available in five distinct layouts to help you effectively show your portfolio items.
- Customer service is unresponsive and sluggish.
- Regular License – $25
Go Portfolio combines the beauty of a portfolio plugin with the elegance and interaction of a portfolio plugin. The plugin comes with a variety of interesting styles, including square and circular pictures. It allows you to add filtering features to your portfolios, as well as interfaces with eCommerce systems so that consumers can click through and buy items.
The Go Portfolio plugin adds pop to your portfolio and creates layouts like sliders and columns-based grids with an endless amount of color and formatting possibilities.
- The plugin offers two forms of filtering: one that alters the opacity of your pictures and another that behaves like a traditional isotope.
- For organizing and listing items in a grid, Go Portfolio works nicely with WooCommerce.
- Images, video, and audio snippets are among the supported media components.
- The customer service is not responsive.
- Regular License – $27
This one has been around since 2007, so it’s a bit of a veteran in the plugins business. It’s straightforward but adaptable enough to satisfy even the most discerning creatives.
Imagely’s NextGEN Gallery is a WordPress picture gallery plugin. It’s one of the most popular WordPress gallery plugins, with over 800,000 active installs and a 4.5-star rating.
It offers a variety of gallery styles, as well as some sophisticated capabilities for managing photos, mass uploading, watermarking, fast creating albums, adding proofing, and even selling images directly from the plugin.
If you’re a photographer or building an image-based WordPress site, you should certainly check out this plugin.
- Control over the timing and transition effects in great detail
- FTP bulk uploading is supported.
- Paid versions provide more sophisticated features, such as eCommerce.
- If you want your galleries to appear beautiful, you practically have to pay.
- In the free version, there is no social sharing.
- NextGEN Gallery Plus costs $79 per year
- NextGEN Gallery Pro costs $139 per year
- NextGEN Gallery Lifetime costs a $299 one-off fee
Envira takes pride in being one of the most streamlined gallery plugins available, allowing you to create galleries in minutes.
It’s still being updated on a regular basis, with new features being introduced on a regular basis.
It includes dark and drops customization, pre-existing designs, and layouts that work with your current design, and it’s really fast. The last thing you want is a portfolio plugin that takes a long time to load and slows down your entire website.
You can easily construct video or picture galleries with lightbox and slideshow functionality, but it’s when you add paid addons to the mix that some of the most interesting capabilities for an image gallery plugin become available. Password-protected galleries, WooCommerce connection, and picture printing are just a few of the features available.
- The user interface is simple to navigate and offers useful features such as a dedicated block.
- There are several additional capabilities available, including eCommerce, client proofing, downloads, and more.
- Because all of the premium features are modular, you can keep things light by only adding the ones you require.
- Envira Gallery is expensive since the greatest features are only available with the $99 Pro subscription.
- Basic Plan – $29 with 1 site
- Plus Plan – $69 with 3 sites
- Pro Plan – $99 with 25 sites
- Agency Plan – $299 With unlimited sites
Final Tiles Grid
When looking for a portfolio plugin, Final Tiles Grid is a must-consider option. The most important feature to highlight is its fresh new algorithm, which keeps your images at their original size and prevents cropping.
This has the potential to promote your portfolio to the next level. It is arranged in various-sized photos in such a way that they complement one another, allowing you to capture their genuine essence as well as the attention of your site visitors.
Using a smooth and stylish movement, this plugin produces completely responsive galleries that instantly adapt to your browser. This is possible even on mobile devices, due to hardware acceleration that takes advantage of CSS3 features to the fullest extent possible.
- You have a choice of 7 lightboxes to shoot with.
- You can use social sharing to promote yourself on social media sites.
- Add a personal touch to your picture hover effects by using zoom and rotation features.
- This WordPress portfolio plugin does not include SEO tools for optimizing and ranking your portfolio on Google.
- Basic Plan – $24.99 for 1 site
- Ultimate Plan – $69.99 5 sites
Grid Kit Portfolio Gallery
The GridKit Portfolio Gallery plugin is popular among WordPress users who want something more than a simple image portfolio. It makes it easier to manage portfolio items in tasks and sort them. It includes shortcode compatibility for previous editors as well as support for the new WordPress block editor.
Client logos, team member photos, maps, and audio snippets are among the options available.
- GridKit allows you to display logos of sponsors or clients.
- This portfolio plugin allows you to build slider displays.
- The plugin includes several predefined models and settings, such as team member portfolios, photos, videos, and logos.
- The interface and functionality of the base plugin are quite basic.
- To have access to additional designs and capabilities, you’ll need to upgrade to a premium version.
- $29 with 1 site
- $49 with 5 sites
Visual Portfolio is a beautiful WordPress portfolio plugin that allows you to make beautiful portfolio galleries. It includes masonry, grid, justified tiles, and carousel as well as a variety of designed layouts.
The plugin also includes the Gutenberg block, which makes it simple to add a portfolio to any page. Your users may also utilize filters to sort portfolio items, which makes for a great browsing experience.
- On the backend, a visual preview of the portfolio is displayed so you can see how it appears.
- Your photo collections may be placed anywhere on your website using shortcodes.
- The “Load More” button complements the filtering and sorting.
- It lacks advanced features.
- Personal Plan – $39 per year with 1 site
- Freelancer Plan – $139 per year with 5 sites
- Agency Plan – $239 per year with unlimited sites
A quick and simple method to make a stunning and responsive portfolio for your WordPress site. The portfolio filter gallery is totally responsive and compatible with all platforms, including Macbooks, desktop PCs, tablets, and smartphones. The first portfolio plugin for a distinct category page in WordPress.
It includes a masonry grid feature that lets you add items and portfolios in a simple, visual fashion, then gives underlying details about each product in the portfolio.
Using the plugin’s Custom Search functionality, you can even build customized searches to add portfolio projects to certain search results. Portfolio Gallery also has a filterable tag feature that allows visitors to filter portfolio items without having to reload the page.
- The plugin allows you to exhibit your work by uploading several photos.
- A video gallery is included in the plugin to display your video goods.
- The plugin also includes an import demo tool and built-in white-label website portfolios that you can use to start building and presenting your own.
- Starter Sites are not included in the basic plan.
- $39 per year
Genesis Portfolio Pro
It’s primarily intended for use with the Genesis framework, and it comes with a special post type for creating portfolio pieces.
It also includes grid-style layouts for showcasing the photo you specify as a portfolio item. If you’re going for a minimalist look, your work will be done nicely with this plugin.
- This plugin is simple to use and creates attractive portfolios for your website.
- The default design and styles will build a portfolio grid in landscape format with your featured photos.
- These will take you to a basic page where you may edit the content, such as text, photos, and even galleries.
- It’s a simple plugin with less functionality than many other portfolio plugins.
Meow Gallery is a portfolio plugin for WordPress that fully supports the Gutenberg Block Editor. It aids in the organization of your portfolio materials into beautiful photo galleries.
It comes with support for masonry, grid, tile, and justified templates, among others. You have the option of selecting the number of columns you wish to display. It also includes a number of add-on plugins that may be used to add features like lightboxes, audio commentary, external links, and more.
- Uses WordPress and Gutenberg in a natural way, rather than hacking it or forcing its own framework.
- It is good for a quicker page load and a more pleasant user experience, utilizing infinite/lazy loading.
- The Map Layout is a unique and attractive way to display your photographs or adventures.
- You can have animations in your galleries.
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a support system.
- Starter Plan – $19 per year for 1 website.
- Standard Plan – $24 per year for 5 websites.
- Professional Plan – $32 per year for 20 websites.
- Developer Plan -$199 for a lifetime for 500 websites.
- Agency Plan – $299 for a lifetime for 2500 websites.
Cube Portfolio is a WordPress plugin that organizes every part of your website into a beautiful grid for easy navigation. Beautiful animation filters, a comprehensive portfolio system, and unique subtitles are all included. It’s also ideal for team members, portfolio projects, image galleries, blog posts, and any other organized grid material.
- With its live template builder, you can further customize every part of the plugin, including fonts, color, spacing, borders, and more.
- the plugin includes six templates, including three theme templates for expert content categories and three visual design templates.
- This plugin is both simple to use and very configurable for expert users.
- Customer support is not responsive
- Regular Licence – $19
Using audio, video, or picture thumbnails, the Portfolio Designer plugin allows you to build any sort of new custom post. This is also one of the best WordPress portfolio plugins for creating flexible and one-of-a-kind galleries for your personal or professional website. Without a doubt, this theme is the total package.
This theme, on the other hand, is ideal for quickly developing attractive WordPress galleries and portfolios. Furthermore, you have the option of showcasing your WordPress website in whatever layout you like. The Portfolio Designer plugin has four different layout styles: masonry, justify, slider, and gallery.
- There are four different portfolio layouts
- It is accessible in the built-in popup box
- It has advanced settings for displaying posts.
- Customer support is not responsive
- Regular License – $24
What’s your favorite WordPress Portfolio Plugin?
Among the plugin listed above, our most favorite plugin is Modula. Gallery. Modula has the most powerful capabilities if you want your portfolio to be aesthetically appealing.
The module enables photos and video, makes albums, secures your work with a password, zooms images, applies watermarks, and much more. It’s a feature-packed plugin with almost every function you might want.
Online WordPress portfolio plugins may be an excellent method to elegantly display your artistic work. I hope this helps you understand why you would want to utilize a portfolio plugin.
It’s just as important to display your artwork as it is to create it. There’s no need to have a bad portfolio when there are so many WordPress portfolio plugins available. To utilize any of the fantastic plugins listed above, you’ll need hosting, a domain name, and a WordPress-powered website.
Let us know how you get on!