Comments on blog posts are a great way to connect with your followers, get input on your work, and suggest potential material.
We’ve compiled the best alternative WordPress comments plugins and highlighted their best features in this post so that you can start increasing user interaction right away. The list even includes a comments plugin that allows you to show a thank you page to your readers after they’ve left a comment and another that allows you to enable email updates for comments.
WordPress Native Comments
You don’t need a plugin to accept comments on your blog because WordPress has a built-in commenting system. It’s completely free and comes with pre-configured basic features. Users can share their thoughts on your content by leaving a comment, which is allowed by default in WordPress. The settings for comments on your blog can be found in the WordPress admin panel’s Settings –>Discussion tab.
Comments on WordPress can be moderated. In addition, you may choose whether users must have a name and email address before posting or whether they must first register and log in.
- Users can receive a backlink if they leave a comment with their email address and URL, which will help them increase traffic to their site.
- Before a comment on a post is accepted, you may enable administrator approval.
- Social media integration, protection, comment ranking, comment subscription, and other plugins are all available.
- Since social media integration isn’t available, you’ll have to rely on other plugins to add extra functionality to your blog, which will slow down the page load time.
- The comment section is a little messy and unprofessional on some websites, and it doesn’t look aesthetically pleasing.
If you’ve been a long-time WordPress enthusiast like us, you probably know that Jetpack is one of the most popular plugins that over 5 million WordPress users make use of.
WordPress’s great strength comes from its versatility and ability to use every plugin. WordPress.com, on the other hand, has several features that WordPress.org does not. Jetpack is a WordPress plugin that can help you boost your site’s security, customize pages, and handle incoming traffic. Beginners in WordPress may use this plugin instead of installing separate plugins for each of the features mentioned.
Jetpack Comments is a modern comments plugin system that integrates social media login options and replaces your default comment type. So when anyone reads an article on your website and wishes to leave a message, they can now do so using one of their current social media accounts.
- Premium – $9/month or $99/year
- Automatically merging social media profiles to eliminate the need for a lengthy registration.
- Commenters may opt to be alerted when new comments are made.
- When anyone responds, you’ll get a notification, allowing you to answer quickly.
- Slows down your site.
- Risk profile because it requires logging in to a WordPress account to post comments.
Thrive Comments is a WordPress comments plugin that allows you to transform your blog comments into a useful business asset.
WordPress comes with a built-in comment management system. If you’ve been using the system for a while, you’ll notice that you don’t have much power over the comment section. With this method, you can only do some mild moderation.
Article Continues Below
Thrive Comments gives the comment management system an extra boost. You can use this plugin to moderate all of your site’s comments and gain insights to help you boost interaction. Many website owners may not consider comments to be a means of increasing conversions. On the other hand, Thrive Comments helps to boost interest, which leads to more qualified leads and, eventually, more conversions.
- Thrive Comments helps you to build an engaging and involved community.
- Visitors to the site will share on social media sites, receive upvotes, and earn achievement badges. These features promote high-quality feedback and community participation, which aids in the development of an engaging partnership with your site’s visitors.
- Thrive Comments allows you to convert site comments into sales. You can easily convert commenters into paying customers by having an engagement session with them.
- If you want to get the best conversion rates, you’ll need to combine it with Thrive Leads, another Thrive Themes product. This means you’ll either need to buy Thrive Leads separately or subscribe to the entire Thrive Themes series.
modified in a limited number of ways.
wpDiscuz is a popular WordPress comments plugin that has grown in popularity in the last year due to its modern look and feel and its low impact on page loading speed. It uses a “lazy loading” model in addition to its core speed boost, activating only when a visitor hits a specific point on the page.
This plugin also helps to increase user interaction by allowing users to quickly comment on posts using approved sites such as WordPress.com, Twitter, and Facebook. If a visitor has left a comment, they can rate other comments and allow real-time answer updates, encouraging them to return to your website to continue the discussion.
- Single license – $9 – $25
- You can choose which post types to use wpDiscuz on from the settings tab, including posts, sites, attachments, and any custom post types you might have.
- You can choose whether to display the most recent or oldest comment first in the discussion section.
- You can also enable the live update function and set an interval for how often the plugin should search for new comments automatically.
- The official English version is no longer available, but it is still widely used around the world, especially in China.
GraphComment is a free and powerful comment plugin that allows you to have great discussions without trolls and with easy reading. There will be no more disorganized conversations strewn through several websites. Your audience can easily follow the related discussions with GraphComment. All comments can be saved to the WordPress folder, allowing you to go back to WordPress default commenting without losing previous comments.
- Monthly Premium Plans
- $8.6 Starter Plan
- $95 Pro Plan
- Yearly Premium Plans
- $90 Starter Plan
- $258 Pro Plan
- A social network for your guests, a high-quality voting system, and efficient sharing tools are available.
- Great responsive web design with a mobile-friendly look and feel that can be customized to suit your needs.
- Lightweight JS and progressive download have been optimized for great mobile results.
- Only premium plans include reaction buttons, which play an important role in increasing interaction in WordPress Commenting systems.
- On the WordPress plugin registry, the plugin does not have sufficiently active installs.
Super Socializer is a multipurpose social media plugin for WordPress that is free and simple to use. It allows you to incorporate social networking sites into your comment box and provide social sharing options and a social login feature. Visitors’ profile data will be stored in your blog database once they register on your site, allowing you to connect with them if necessary.
Super Socializer works with seven social networking sites and offers a lot of versatility for a low price. Many aspects of the plugin’s mobile-responsive login page elements can be customized, and it integrates with BuddyPress, bbPress, and WooCommerce.
- Add-ons start at $10
- The plugin will only work on your live website, not on your local machine.
- Attractive social media sharing icons with free customization options, including rectangular, oval, and square social share shapes.
- Sharing that is responsive to mobile devices.
- Since the plugin does not include the necessary redirect URL, Google login does not function.
- As some clients have mentioned in their reviews, updating to the latest version can cause your website to crash.
Replyable is one of two WordPress comment plugins created by the same developer (the other being Postmatic). It cranks up the volume on the option to subscribe to comments.
Not only that, but it also uses machine learning to filter comments and only warn on the most important ones, rather than bombarding commenters with every single one. This increases interaction by showcasing only the most valuable comments. Of course, users may also respond via email, but you may not want to do so if you want them to respond.
The plugin can also combine several comments into a single email, allowing users to stay involved without wasting time. It’s a clever WordPress comments plugin that solves one of the most vexing aspects of website commenting.
- Replyable costs from $2.99 per month up to $9.99 per month.
- Users can respond to comments via email. Instead of navigating to the web to post your comment, you can simply respond to the email, and your comment will be posted immediately.
- It works well with other WordPress comment plugins, including the previously listed wpDiscuz.
- You don’t have to think about branding because it adapts to your models automatically. For example, the email templates automatically change their colors to match yours.
- Problems with spam, emails not being sent.
ReplyBox is one of the best WordPress comment plugins for managing privacy on this list. It’s similar to Disqus, except it doesn’t have advertisements, doesn’t collect personal information, and doesn’t monetize you. We recommend it only for that purpose.
ReplyBox is a hosted platform with a small API (under 100KB). It features attractive comment templates, Akismet integration, markdown for emojis, nested comments for quick navigation, social media log in, custom CSS options, and compatibility with most WordPress themes, including Astra.
One of our favorite WordPress comment plugins is ReplyBox. Not because of the functionality but because of the company’s insistence on privacy.
- The premium service starts at $10/month.
- ReplyBox comments are synchronized with your WordPress database, allowing you to switch back to native WordPress comments at any time.
- Offloading comments to a third-party service reduces server load and makes page caching much easier.
- CSS allows for complete customization.
- There isn’t any anonymous posting.
- Users must use ReplyBox or a social network such as Google to log in. Authentication in WordPress isn’t endorsed (coming soon).
What’s your favorite WordPress Comment Plugin?
We love the features of the Disqus comment system. It adds a feature-rich comment system to your website, complete with social network integration, advanced administration and moderation options, and other robust community features. But, most importantly, when you use Disqus, you immediately become a part of a global community network, which connects millions of people to your tiny blog or big media center.
Although the default WordPress comments feature can be adequate at first, you can transform your comments section and truly connect with your readers by leveraging the power of WordPress plugins.
A WordPress comments plugin is a must-have. However, with so many commenting systems available, determining the main benefits of each can be difficult. Choose the comment framework that best suits your workflow and objectives. Gain better control over user interaction on your web and enjoy the benefits that come with it.
You should be able to find the ideal plugin(s) to supercharge your blog’s comments from our list. So go through them all, pick the one that best suits your needs, and start engaging your readers today!