As a freelancer, there is nothing more important than having a perfect showcase of your skills and services. An intelligently designed website can provide you just that. With our list of freelancer WordPress themes, you can not only develop such a portfolio website for your services but also enhance your personal brand image and stand out from the crowd.
Creating an ideal website can be a challenging and time-consuming task. A freelancer needs a website that gives a modern look and feel, is easy to navigate for the user, and has a fast loading time. Here we have handpicked some WordPress themes for freelancers that will help you create your very own website without a hassle. These themes give you tons of different practical options to choose from. You can also easily customize the website as per your requirements.
We understand that freelancing is not just limited to any single field like coding or web development. So, no matter which field you may be working in, our comprehensive list of WordPress freelancer themes has something for each and every freelancer out there.
Without wasting any further time, let us now dive into some of our top picks of WordPress themes for freelancers.
25 Best Freelancer WordPress Themes
First on our list is the evergreen Astra WordPress theme for freelancers. Boasting over 1 million active installations, it is a theme that can be customized for a blog, personal portfolio, or for any niche of freelancing. It is designed, developed, and maintained by the extraordinary team at Brainstorm Force.
- The Schema.org code is integrated.
- It is Native AMP ready.
- It works with all popular page builders.
- The theme is fully customizable.
- Some users complain of delayed support response.
- It comes with a lot of extra plugins installed.
- Astra theme comes with a free version and a Pro version. Astra pro costs $47 annually or $249 for lifetime access.
Ocean WP is a highly sought-after theme and freelancers love it for the fact that it is not only easy to set up but also has one-click templates for various professions. The theme is lightweight and highly extendable. It has mobile-friendly settings and a codebase that can be modified and extended. Ocean WP is quite a user-friendly theme and its free version is one of the top picks for people making their first website on WordPress.
- It is fast and responsive.
- RTL and translation ready.
- Multipurpose templates are available.
- Some users have complained of not getting timely support.
- The theme has a free version, a personal plan for $27, and even a business plan for $47.
The best thing about Kadence is that it comes with a neatly designed starter page for freelancers. Using this you can set up your website in no time. It is fast and modern, while it also includes integrations with plugins like Elementor, Gutenberg, Woocommerce, and Beaver Builder. KadenceWP is indeed a very capable theme that you can confidently choose to showcase your freelance work.
- It comes with the option for a WooCommerce add-on.
- It follows accessible standards like WCAG 2.0, Aria labels, and focus control.
- Inline SVG icons are used in the theme to make it lighter.
- Kadence Pro does not include member-only starter themes and child theme builders.
- Kadence Pro theme is priced at $69 and the Kadence Suite is priced at $169.
Article Continues Below
GeneratePress is an extremely lightweight theme that focuses on providing a fast, secure, and usable theme to the user. Freelancers can benefit from its outstanding speed to build a sleek, SEO-optimized website. GeneratePress follows WCAG 2.0 standards to give an accessibility-ready theme.
- No jQuery dependencies.
- SEO optimized.
- Accessibility ready.
- Lifetime updates and support of GeneratePress theme cost more.
- It is priced at $59 with 1 year of updates and support. The second pricing option available is that of $249 with lifetime updates and support.
Business is a great WordPress theme for freelancers who are seeking a corporate-style website for their freelance business. It comes loaded with practical features like WooCommerce, animated mobile menu, breadcrumbs, and optimizations to increase customer engagement.
- It contains font awesome icons.
- Google fonts are also included in the theme.
- WordPress Breadcrumbs are also included in the theme.
- The business theme is priced at $59.
Divi is an extremely popular all-in-one theme that comes with its own powerful page builder. Even if you are new to the world of website building you will love this visual editor. With it you can create stunning designs without any trouble. The drag and drop functionality is a real lifesaver and removes the need for any coding or confusing backend options.
- An intuitive drag and drop feature is available.
- No coding is required.
- It comes with a powerful inbuilt visual editor.
- The expensive lifetime license is a major drawback of this theme.
- The theme costs $89 per year or $249 for a lifetime access.
Neve is built for speed and its loading time of 1 second on a default install is truly remarkable. This is partly due to its small default WordPress install size of only 28KB. Neve gives you the custom design of the header and footer along with the ability to control website layout options.
- 100-speed grade.
- Mobile ready and AMP compatible.
- 80+ starter sites.
- Pricing options are not straightforward.
- It costs $59 annually or $189 for lifetime access to a personal plan.
Oshine has a high-quality design and gives the freelancer a fully intuitive visual page builder. Availability of 52 demos and 100’s of pre-built sample pages makes the job much easier for the freelancer. Apart from this, you also get complete control over fonts and colors and guaranteed great performance.
- Regular updates and new features.
- One-click demo installer.
- Great customer support.
- Plugin compatibility.
- Expensive extended license.
- The regular license is $59 while the extended license is $2800.
With a one-click install, perfect plugin set, and live drag and drop builder, Jevelin is among the top contenders for the best freelancer WordPress themes. From coders to photographers, this theme has something for all freelancers. It is designed for retina display and supports the mobile view.
- Extensive premade styles and options.
- Good, helpful documentation.
- RTL optimized.
- The regular license is $59 while the extended license is $2950.
If you are fed up with the traditional WordPress designs then pile had something new to offer. Its fresh, unconventional design will work well with your unique set of services. Pile is not only a visual treat but also stands on solid, clean, bug-free code.
- It has a fast loading speed.
- Responsive, mobile-ready layouts.
- It is extremely customizable.
- Pricier as compared to other themes.
- The price is set at $225 annually
- $245 for a lifetime license.
Uncode is a thoughtfully created theme with an appealing user interface. Freelancers of every domain can use this intuitive theme to create an elegant and functional website that highlights their services. If you are keen on have an aesthetically pleasing site then Uncode is your perfect choice.
- Huge wireframe layout library.
- Pixel perfect design.
- Adaptive images.
- GDPR privacy plugin.
- The regular license is $59 while the extended license costs $2950.
If we have to describe Kalium in a single word, it would be ‘refined’. This theme is created with precision and has more than 30 portfolio styles and countless personalization options. The fast performance of this theme is a testament to clean coding practices. Kalium comes with round-the-clock support, detailed documentation, and lifetime updates.
- It has an award-winning design.
- 30+ PSDs are included in the theme.
- Unlimited styling options are available.
- You can choose from multiple portfolio types.
- The regular license is $59 and the extended license is $2199.
HireBee is the ultimate freelance marketplace theme for WordPress. It allows the setup of a marketplace where employers post projects and freelancers bid on them accordingly. This is similar to how sites like Upwork, Freelancer, and 99designs work.
- The theme is escrow-ready.
- Flexible pricing plans are available.
- Comes loaded with the Foundation framework
- Only for freelancers looking to develop a marketplace.
- HireBee theme is priced at $69.
This theme is geared specifically towards freelance photographers as well as graphic designers. Using a minimalistic interface, it focuses more on highlighting imagery and providing users with a stunning display of visuals. If you are a freelance photographer, this is an ideal way for you to showcase your portfolio.
- It comes with a clean and minimalistic layout.
- It has a responsive design.
- Dark color scheme available.
- Demo data and import available only in the pro version.
- Woocommerce support is not included in the free version of this theme.
- The theme is free to download. It also has a pro version that costs $59.
The travel industry is priming for a comeback as more people are getting vaccinated and travel restrictions are easing. Projections from experts suggest that we might witness a huge boom in the travel sector in the upcoming years. Freelancers working in the travel industry can rely on this robust theme that allows them to display and manage travel bookings of their customers and help users plan their tours. Flawless integration with the WP Travel plugin allows freelancers to display travel packages with ease.
- It includes a very useful drag and drop SiteOrigin page builder.
- Woocommerce support is added in the theme.
- Custom featured slider in the premium version.
- The basic version of the theme is free while the premium version comes at a cost of $59.
A beautiful and elegant theme that is suitable for freelance real estate agents, brokers, builders, architects, and interior designers. Realestate Base is a responsive theme that contains custom widgets to help you create a decent website. It contains all the necessary features that a freelancer of the real estate domain might require.
- It is easy to install and use.
- It has a responsive design
- There are limited custom widgets in free version.
- The 50+ font family options are available only in the premium version.
- The basic version is free while the premium version is priced at $59.
Musical Vibe Pro
If you’re a musician or artist then we have you covered. Musical Vibe Pro is an awesome clean and simple theme that caters specifically to the music genre. You can easily set up your website and showcase your talent even if you have no prior coding experience. The theme is optimized and does not compromise on performance.
- The theme is optimized for performance.
- It is translation-ready.
- Woocommerce support is included.
- The theme was last updated in December 2019.
With over 675,000 downloads, Avada is certainly a force to be reckoned with. Freelancers love this theme for its immense flexibility, ease of use, and unlimited options. It has rightly been termed as the swiss army knife of WordPress.
- It has an intuitive website builder.
- You can rely on excellent customer support.
- One-click demo import is available.
- It caters to freelancers of almost every industry.
- An extended license of Avada is extremely expensive.
- $60 for a regular license and $2950 for an extended license.
Manon comes will a variety of different portfolio styles, each having its own distinct look and feel. Freelancers can choose a layout that appeals most to their brand image. The inclusion of WP Bakery provides you with a robust tool to tinker the site according to your needs.
- The regular license is $79 and the extended license is $2950.
This theme is a delight for creative freelancers. With its modern design and appealing animations, pitch shines as a highly likable freelancer WordPress theme. You even get a powerful admin interface, outstanding visuals, and tons of options. Extremely handy layouts for case studies are also part of the theme.
- Custom animations in the select slider.
- Customizable mega menu.
- Child theme ready.
- WPML plugin integration.
- The regular license is $75 and the extended license is $2950.
Perfect Portfolio Pro
A premium WordPress theme of top-notch quality, perfect portfolio pro will help you exhibit your work and generate useful leads. It is clean, responsive, and SEO-friendly. This theme is the ideal blend of form and function.
- Single click demo import.
- Unlimited colors.
- 5 unique portfolio designs.
- Optimized for readability.
- The price is $59.
This WordPress theme for freelance writers is an impressive asset for writers, bloggers, journalists, and authors. You can choose from three different layouts and get going in an instant. This freelancer theme is optimized for all kinds of writing projects.
- Responsive theme.
- SEO ready.
- Woocommerce and Adsense ready.
- Freelancers of other domains may not find it much useful.
- It has a price of $59.
Construction Landing Page Pro
Construction Landing Page Pro has strategically placed call-to-action buttons for maximum lead generation. It is best suited for freelancers in the construction and building domain. The theme is packed with numerous header layouts and wide customization options. It is easy to understand and use. A highly well-suited theme to power your construction freelancing work.
- Unique header designs.
- Contact form, services, and testimonials.
- One-click demo install.
- Suitable for limited freelancing niches.
- The regular license is $59 and the lifetime license and support costs $99.
Lawyer Landing Page Pro
Freelance lawyers can rejoice because the Lawyer landing page pro theme presents them just what they were looking for. This theme is professional, quick, easy to customize, and checks all the right boxes for its relevant freelancing domain. The legal domain is an often neglected domain when it comes to freelance portfolio websites but with the Lawyer Landing Page Pro theme, you can be confident as it covers all the necessary checkboxes of this profession.
- Multiple call-to-actions for leads.
- Free one-click demo.
- Unlimited colors and 600+ Google fonts.
- Only suitable for lawyers and freelancers working in the legal field.
- The regular license for $59 and the lifetime license and support for $99.
Cvio is engaging and fresh. With it, you can stand out from other freelancers and present an interesting, contemporary look to entice new clients. The dark design makes for a trendy and enticing online resume / CV WordPress theme for freelancers. Cvio is highly optimized and loads perfectly on mobile devices. RTL language support is also added.
- Multi-page layouts.
- Elementor drag and drop.
- Frequent updates.
- Stunning design.
- Regular license $39, extended license $1199.
What’s your favorite freelancer WordPress theme?
We are confident that after going through our extensive list of best WordPress themes for freelancers, you would have found something that fits your requirements. Good freelancer themes are designed by keeping in mind the unique nature of freelance work and the importance of having a flawless portfolio for freelancers.
So, let us know which WordPress freelancer theme from among our list speaks to you the most.