Astra is a very simple and customizable theme developed by Brainstorm Force, that’ll make your life so much easier. Not only that – it is also very SEO friendly and fast. Made to work with various page builders, it provides options that will suit all your needs even if you don’t have any HTML knowledge.
Whether you own a make-up studio, want to invite guests to your wedding or create a co-working space, Astra has got you covered. With simple editing options that offer various possibilities, you can be sure that your website will look exactly the way you imagined it.
Astra Theme Review: Theme and Plugin Setup
Installing Astra theme is fairly easy and can be done in a few simple steps:
- Download the .zip file from the theme website
- Choose whether you want the free option, Astra Pro or Agency Bundle
- Store the file on your computer
- On your WordPress admin page, go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New -> Upload Theme, and choose your .zip file
- Activate the theme
To gain access to various pre-made sites build, you’ll also need to install the Astra Starter Sites plugin.
Astra Theme Review: Theme Features
Astra is packed with various options to help you optimize your website. Here are some of the features it offers:
- Free, with Premium packages available
- Speed: Astra loads in less than half a second
- Lightweight – only needs around 50KB of resources
- Compatibility with all Page Builders
- Easy to use with clean admin interface
- Simple, yet beautiful design for various needs
- Dozens of pre-designed starter sites
- Customizable – edit all of its parts to be just like you want it
- SEO friendly
- Toolset integrated
- Extendible with Hooks
- Open Source, 100% GPL
- Compatible with WooCommerce and many other plugins
Astra Theme Review: Customizing Theme
Astra theme offers many different ways to customize your website with lots of options:
- Site Identity: You can choose to upload your own header, and decide whether you want to show or hide your site title or tagline.
- Layout: Decide on your header layout and width, container width, sidebar layout and much more.
- Colors & Background: Choose your base background color, body color, theme color and link color. Also pick a different color for the footer.
- Typography: Pick the default body font and set default font sizes for headers, site title, tagline and blog post title.
- Button: There are various options for formatting your button text, background and padding.
- Widgets: Place different widgets in up to four different areas.
- Homepage Settings: Choose whether your home page is static or will it display latest posts
Astra Theme Review: Pre-Made Starter Sites
Once you’ve activated the Astra Starter Sites plugin, click “See Library” and choose your favorite option. There are dozens of them so you can definitely find one that suits all your needs. Here are some of them:
Some of the templates are only available in paid version, but there are plenty of great ones available for free. And, as they are so customizable, you can edit them according to your business needs. Choose the one you like best, and go to “Preview”. A screen like this will appear, and all you have to do is click Import This Site.
And that’s all, you’re almost done. Just edit it according to your own business/event and you’re good to go.
Astra Theme Review: Page Builder Ready
Astra is a great choice if you like to use page builders. What’s revolutionary about it is that it is actually designed to work with them, not getting into their way, letting you edit everything without interfering with headers or other aspects of the page builder. Whether you use Elementor or Beaver Builder, you will see that lots of thought was put into actually making the theme work with them.
Astra Theme Review: Pricing Options
It is almost certain that the free option of Astra Theme will be more than enough for your needs. However, you can also consider getting Astra Pro Add-on and Agency Bundle plugins.
Astra Pro Add-on Features
For more customization, at the price of $59 per year, you can also get:
- Transparent Header
- Better Typography
- Sticky Header
- Custom Layouts
- Page Headers
- Footer Widgets
- More Color Controls
- Scroll to Top Link
- Header Sections
- Mega Menu
- White Label
- More Header Designs
- Blog Layouts
- Spacing Control
- Site Layouts
- WooCommerce Designer
Agency Bundle Features
If you’re willing to pay $249 per year, you can be certain that your web agency will have all it takes to make the website as successful as possible. You’ll get everything from Astra Pro, plus a library of prebuilt websites and Astra’s top selling plugins, such as:
- Astra Premium Sites
- Convert Pro
- All-in-one Schema Pro
- Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder
- Addon for Elementor (coming soon)
- Any future plugins Astra comes up with
Final Verdict on the Astra Theme
If you’re looking for easily accessible and customizable WordPress theme, you really can’t go wrong with Astra. SEO friendly and ready for all Page Builders, this theme is just perfect if you don’t want to be bothered with advanced site building.
Astra theme will give you everything you need, and more. Customize its layout, shift between different header options, edit colors, backgrounds and much more. The theme is widget-friendly, with up to four areas to place them, and integrated with Toolset for more customization. Its powerful Add-on pack offers even more options – play with your website and make it attract just the right customers. Compatible with WooCommerce and lots of other plugins, it’ll make your life so much easier.
Taking up only 50KB of your resources, Astra is super-fast, with loading speed of around half a second. It’s designed to be simple, yet it holds lots of different options that you can be sure to find the right fit. Its Astra Starter Sites plugin gives you the opportunity to explore dozens of pre-made templates and adapt one of them to your business or personal website. Most importantly, its compatibility with Page Builders means you can do everything with little effort and no HTML knowledge.
If there’s a bad side to this theme, it’s the fact that you’ll have to pay more if you want to gain full access to all it has to offer. However, Astra Pro comes at a reasonable price and it can give you so many options – so it’s probably worth it. And, even if you choose to stick with the free pack, you’ll find that it’s more than enough for your business needs.