Weekly WordPress News: All In-Person Flagship WordCamps Canceled
Hey, WordPress friends. Last week, we shared that WordCamp US 2020 was officially canceled (not just moved online). This week, things got even worse – all in-person flagship WordPress events will be canceled until at least 2022. So — don’t plan to see anyone next year!
Beyond that, there’s an interesting new service that lets you track a plugin’s search rankings at WordPress.org.
Let’s get to all of this week’s WordPress news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- Announcement: Flagship Events in 2021 – the official announcement about flagship events.
- WordPress Cancels All In-Person Flagship Events Until 2022 – WP Tavern’s post on the subject.
- Automattic Updates Press Page to Clarify Distinction between WordPress.org and WordPress.com – some progress.
- Plugin Rank is Live – this interesting tool lets WordPress product owners track their rankings at WordPress.org.
- Pageviews is a Bogus Billing Metric for WordPress Hosts – Joshua at Pagely shares his thoughts, which I generally agree with.
- Automattic Relaunches P2, Self-Hosted Version on the Roadmap – P2 is Automattic’s internal collaboration software.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- RSS Newsletter Automation With Sendinblue – how to automate your newsletters.
- How to Enable Frontend Editing with Gutenberg Blocks (Part 1) – a tutorial from WebDevStudios.
- The Ultimate Guide to Setting Up a WooCommerce Variable Product – how to create variable products.
- Complete Guide: Create Product Bundles for Your WooCommerce Store – and also how to create product bundles.
- 6 Best WooCommerce Coupon Plugins for Better Deals – use coupons more effectively on WooCommerce.
- 5 Best WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping Plugins (Free & Paid) – we also explain what table rate shipping is.
- Creating healthy virtual work environments – a new Post Status podcast.