WPLift is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Weekly WordPress News: A New WordPress.org Homepage
Hey, WordPress friends.
We are checking in with your latest dose of weekly WordPress news.
The WordPress.org homepage and download page got a fresh new look this week. It features the usual jazzy design WordPress is known for.
Beyond that, WordPress co-founder Matt Mullenweg’s “This is not a good use of time” comment on this post drew mixed feedback from the community. Brian Coords’ tweet on the issue garnered a lot of reactions as well.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news.
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- A New WordPress.org Homepage and Download Page – the new designs are live.
- What’s new in Gutenberg 13.9? (17 August) – now available in the plugin repository.
- Newsletter Glue Closes Free Plugin on WordPress.org – to focus on the commercial version.
- Stop Registering Customizer Options for Block Themes – this update will apply in the upcoming release.
- Introducing Flux Checkout’s New Theme – find out more about Flux Checkout’s new design.
- Design Exploration: Encourage editor configuration during on-boarding – you can share your feedback on the post.
- WordCamp Asia 2023 Tickets Sold Out – a second batch of tickets will be released soon.
- Wordfence Launches Wordfence Intelligence for Hosts and Network Defenders – a new product from Wordfence.
- Introducing The Divi Theme Builder Library With Divi Cloud Storage – you can now save your favorite Theme Builder templates and template sets.
- Introducing Spectra 2.0: The future of building ultra-fast websites – learn more about this new page builder from Brainstorm Force.
- Life At The End Of Your Comfort Zone – Akshat Choudhary reflects on his 12-year WordPress journey.
- WordPress Vulnerability Report – August 17, 2022 – the regular iThemes vulnerability roundup.
- WordPress Accessibility Day – happening on November 2-3, 2022.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Accept Stripe Payments in WordPress – using ProfilePress plugin.
- How to Add a Mega Menu to WordPress (+5 Best Plugins) – what a mega menu is and the benefits of using one.
- WooCommerce Vulnerabilities and How to Fix Them – as the title says.
- How to Migrate Subsite Content to a Multisite Network – from WebDevStudios.
- How to Secure Your WordPress Login Page – a complete guide from Jetpack.
- Bricks Builder Tutorial – a detailed video guide from Imran Siddiq.
- WordPress User Roles Not Working? Here’s how to fix this problem – a guide from Cozmoslabs.
- How to Create a Landing Page With WordPress.com in Minutes – ideal for beginners.
- WordPress version control: Complete guide – easily manage changes to a file or group of files over time.
- Divi Summer Sale – get 20% off Divi.
- Eventin AppSumo Deal – a $59 LTD on this WordPress event plugin.
- MailEngine AppSumo Deal – a $49 LTD on this WordPress-based autoresponder.
- How to Find a Buyer for Your Business: Chris and Artur of Extendify Explain(ify) – the latest from The Gamechangers video series.
- That First WordCamp for WooCommerce and WordPress Builders – from the Do the Woo Podcast.
- Marieke Van De Rakt & Taco Verdonschot on Yoast, the Past, Present and Future – the latest from WPTavern.
- LearnDash’s Adoption of Gutenberg, Full Site Editing, and How to Protect Your Course Content from Theft – from the Post Status Podcasts.
- WordPress as a career: Freelancing to Automattic – the latest from Matt Report.
One thought on “Weekly WordPress News: A New WordPress.org Homepage”
I am hear that wordpress will have new homepage design and now it was realize but sory to say in my opinion about the design just so-so. Actualy i am hoping the WordPress new homepage design will reflecting as high tech CMS or something reflect as best ecommerce platform.
Comments are closed.