Weekly WordPress News: A Million Dollar Plugin Business
Ever wondered how Pippin Williamson built a million dollar plugin business with offerings like Easy Digital Downloads, Restrict Content Pro, and more? Wonder no more – he’s going to tell you at Indie Hackers.
We also have some good resources to help developers work with Gutenberg and blocks. And if you like podcasts, there are two good episodes this week.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- The Limits of the Support You Provide for Your WordPress Plugins – but we thought it was fair to expect lifetime support and third-party compatibility for $9.99 :)
- Is WordPress Secure Enough for Microsoft? An Interview with Brad Williams – a nice discussion on WordPress security.
- How to Build a Million-Dollar WordPress Plugin Business – sounds pretty easy! This is about Pippin Williamson and his many popular plugins.
- Improving your Pagely User Experience – Meet ARES & the New Atomic – some big improvements over at Pagely.
- Who and What I’ll Be Following in 2018 – who Matt Cromwell is following in 2018.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Create a Property Rental or B&B WordPress Website with a Booking System – how to handle your own reservations.
- Getting Started with Google AMP in WordPress [Test Your AMP Pages Here!] – this one shows you how to get up and running with Google AMP.
- How To Internationalize Your WordPress Website – a big guide over at Smashing Magazine.
- 12 Best & Most Popular Tutorials from the Elegant Themes Blog in 2017 – a bunch of helpful tutorials if you use Divi.
- Machine Learning in WordPress: How to Analyze the Emotional Impact of Your Content Using AI – so you can avoid annoying the robots when they take over.
- Anatomy of a Custom Block: How Gutenberg Blocks Work – a look at how Gutenberg blocks work under the hood.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- Brad Dowdy and Nock Co. – a new episode of the How I Built It podcast.
- Ultimate Dashboard Review – Colin did a review of a plugin that removes the clutter from your (clients) dashboard
- How to increase creative agency profits – and also a new episode of the Matt Report podcast.
- Reducing your Page Load Time – a guest post from the guys from WP Accelerator
- WP-CLI Packages: Supercharge Your WordPress Development – a WP-CLI resource for developers.
- New Toolkit Simplifies the Process of Creating Gutenberg Blocks – another helpful resource for developers.