Weekly WordPress News: 40% Off Popular WooCommerce Extensions
Hey WordPress fans, in case you missed it over the last few days, the release date for WordPress 5.2 was pushed back to May 7th, which is why you haven’t seen the update notice in your dashboards quite yet.
Beyond that, WooCommerce is running a big, but short-lived, sale where you can get 40% off a bunch of popular extensions including big names like WooCommerce Subcriptions, WooCommerce Bookings, WooCommerce Memberships, Product Vendors, and lots more. The sale lasts until Midnight PST on Friday May 3rd, so you don’t have long to make your purchase. Click here to see all the plugins on sale.
Let’s get to all of this week’s news…
WORDPRESS NEWS AND ARTICLES
- 40% Off Popular WooCommerce Extensions – until the end of Friday May 3rd, you can get 40% off some popular WooCommerce extensions including Subscriptions, Memberships, Bookings, and more.
- WordPress 5.2 Pushed Back to May 7, RC 1 Now Available for Testing – in case you were wondering what happened to WordPress 5.2, it got pushed back to May 7.
- WPCampus’ Gutenberg Accessibility Audit Finds “Significant and Pervasive Accessibility Problems” – are you surprised?
- CC Search is out of beta with 300M images and easier attribution – this looks like another great option for finding royalty free images.
- WordPress Leadership: WP Buffs Secrets of Success (2019) – WP Buffs shares their secrets.
TUTORIALS AND HOW-TOS
- How to Find Broken Links in WordPress (5 Easy Methods) – here are 5 methods that you can use to find broken links.
- Using Amazon Aurora to seamlessly increase capacity of WordPress database backends – for the more technically minded among us.
- Ultimate Guide to Integrating Zapier with WordPress Form Plugins – a big guide from WPMU DEV.
- Elementor + Zapier + Google Sheets = Perfect Trio for Lead Generation – another one about Zapier.
- The Complete Guide to Parallax Effects in 2019 – Part 2 – more about how to use Elementor’s parallax effect.
- Understanding is_singular in WordPress Templates – a WordPress development tutorial from WPShout.
RESOURCES & DEALS
- AliDropship Woo Review: Create a WooCommerce Dropshipping Store – this plugin helps you create an AliExpress dropshipping store with WooCommerce.
- The 6 Best WordPress Plugins to Restrict Content in 2019 – use these plugins to restrict access to content at your site.
- Mihran Papazian & Brushette – a new episode of How I Built It.